Review: Flick Bowling

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tryppy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. tryppy macrumors member

Nov 26, 2007

Type: Sports / Bowling
    Released: September 24th 2008
    Number of players: 1-2 (VS or Computer)
    App Store Link:
    Price: $4.99

Flick Bowling is a great way to waste time. Price tag may be a little high for those who aren't huge fans of bowling but it's a lot better than most of the games found on the app store.

Replayable: Yes
    Rating: 4 of 5

Mix of different characters
    Easy to learn
    Ability to choose your own ball.
    VS Mode against human or computer
    No lag

No online play
    No tournament or league play
    No ability to change characters name
    Unable to create a character
    Flick sometimes tricky until you get the hang of it.

*Please remember that this is a personal opinion and is not directed for you to purchase the game. I haven't but have played it.*
  2. fastbite macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2007
  3. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Nov 15, 2007
    Surely it's a bit easy, repetitive and boring?
  4. tryppy thread starter macrumors member

Nov 26, 2007
    It's bowling. Of course it's repetitive ;) I wouldn't say boring though if you're a fan of these types of games.

It's just one you can pick up and have a quick game of bowling.

added Con: Totally missing a glow in the dark feature lol.
  5. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

Jul 30, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up. After reading your review and checking the App Store info I decided to give it a try.

6. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Aug 10, 2008
    Pin animation is very bad and there seems to be a lag after choosing your ball. I think 300 is still better. There seems to be a trend of just because something is new that it must be better.
  7. tryppy thread starter macrumors member

Nov 26, 2007
    Reboot your phone or something. Absolutely no lag in this game for me. Played all day.

I'm a bowling fan so I'll have to give 300 a try. I've seen it but haven't had the chance to grab it. Thanks for the heads up
  8. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Aug 10, 2008
    Yeah...The game doesn't lag per se, I meant when you click the ball sometimes it takes longer for the dude to appear on the lane than other times. If the pin animation was better I think it would be an incredible game.
  9. slapppy macrumors 65816

Mar 20, 2008
    Yeah its great, smooth graphics, sound all nice. But I suck at it. I gutter balled about 8 frames in a row. LOL :p