Review - Green Onion Supply Crystal Oleophobic Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DOUGHNUT, Feb 18, 2013.

1. DOUGHNUT macrumors regular

Recently got one of these bad boys in the mail for the iPhone 5. bought a single film for 10 bucks.

main reason why i bought this one in particular is due to the oleophobic coating, which very few screen protectors have. my issue with alot of screen protectors is that when they dont have the coating, they're fingerprint magnets. once my greasy fingers gets on the screen, it smears all over the place, and its a pain to keep it clean and smooth.

the screen protector is pretty standard issue, but unlike many of the sp's out there, this one only has a cutout for the speaker grill and home button. no cutouts for camera and prox sensor. due to the clarity of the sp, there's no issues with it at all.

application of the sp is very similar to others that are out there. it does come with a dust removal film, which is basically a slightly sticky film which you place on the screen before you apply the sp. once i removed the film, lined up the speaker grill peeled the backing film, applied and peeled the face film. had to use tape a few times to remove some residual lint but finally got it perfect.

once the screen protector is on, the best thing about it is that it doesnt impede with the optical clarity of the retina display. it's hard to see it unless you look for it due to the minimal number of cutouts. due to the oleophobic properties, the screen feels even smoother than the screen without the screen protector and any minor fingerprints or smudge marks wipes away very very easily with a microfiber cloth. overall, i think this is one of the top screen protectors out there, and money well spent.

A+

2. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

3. DOUGHNUT thread starter macrumors regular

4. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

That looks like a really nice screen protector. I like how it's only 2 holes, the home button and the speaker. Although, it's cut very close to the edge of the screen, so I would assume that cases that have a lip that come up over the screen, like the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer, would immediately pull up the edges.

5. Radiating macrumors 65816

I just wanted to say that I've tried literally every major screen protector on the market and this one is the best by far.

6. graphiteevo macrumors regular

graphiteevo

Agreed :)

7. Paralytic macrumors newbie

+1.

Tried SGP Oleo on my ip4s and the oleophobic coating seems to wear off pretty easily. Have this on my ip5 and so far the coating has been holding up pretty well. Been using this for 3 months now.

It does attract a lot of dust though.

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

Those are my current favorite screen protectors. I specially like the fact that they don't have a camera cutout. No way to tell there is a screen protector on the phone :D. Never had a problem with picture quality or prox/light sensor. Also I find their oleophobic quality on par with the naked screen.

I don't know why they aren't more popular around here.

9. ihonda macrumors 68000

Just snagged me 2 packs of these. WOW. Don't think I'll ever touch PS or SGP again!