[Review] Inateck BTSP-10 HiFi Bluetooth Speaker

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stfwayne, Oct 11, 2014.

1. stfwayne macrumors regular

Inateck Bluetooth Speaker

I have reviewed a few Inateck products in the past including another Bluetooth speaker but this is the first “premium” product I have tested from this up and coming tech accessories company.

Design

The first thing you will notice about the Bluetooth Mini Hifi Speaker is the striking design. The front face of the speaker has a unique honeycomb design. Some may find it jarring but I find it makes the speaker look very sleek. In fact the honey comb structure is supposed to produce a better output of sound from the dual 1.5” speakers. That is right, unlike other Bluetooth speakers, the Inateck BTSP-10 comes with two speakers and while this doesn’t achieve true surround sound it does give the listener a sense of 3D sound. But I will discuss this more in the sound quality section of my review. The Inateck badge is emblazoned in front of the device which I really don’t mind but others like a more plain device without product badges front and center. The device has a very small foot print and weighs in at just less than 0.8 lbs. The buttons are very solid and do not feel cheap or out of place. The device surface itself can be described as a kind of rubbery feeling texture that doesn’t really attract finger prints (unless your fingers are oily) but still feels soft to the touch. Very premium feeling in deed. The main competitor to the Inateck is the Beats Pill and while the Pill is very sleek and simple when it comes to design the BTSP-10 more than holds its own against the Beats speaker.

Ease of Pairing

A key feature of any Bluetooth product is the ease of pairing. Inateck BTSP-10 is incredibly easy to pair with any device. The devices I tested with this speak were an iPhone 5S and 6, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, Nexus 7 tablet, and a Macbook Air. All devices paired instantly and when the blue light stops flashing the device has paired.

Battery life and Charging

I charged this device from completely dead at 0% to 100% four times completely. Each time it took around 3.5 hours to charge the device completely and just about 7-8 hours of playback depending on the volume. If I was playing music at higher volumes the BTSP-10 would last about 6.5-7 hours. After testing this device for over 30 hours it is safe to say that not only does it get great battery life, it doesn’t take long to charge.

Sound Quality
    As mentioned earlier, the BTSP-10 has two 1.5” speakers. The large honeycomb grill allows for sound to travel far but does lead to some distortion at higher volumes. The bass in the BTSP-10 is far less than the Beats Pill but the overall sound quality still is very comparable to the Beats Pill. The speaker can also be quite far from the paired device before the audio begins to cut out. After 30 hours of listening to different genres of music and nearly 2-3 hours of phone calls, it is obvious that Inateck has really taken the time to make sure that the BTSP-10 is at the top of the market in terms of sound output.

Accessories
    The BTSP-10 comes with all the necessary accessories to ensure a great listening experience. Comes with a micro-USB cable (easy and cheap to replace in case you lose it), which allows for charging. It also comes with an AUX cable to connect to devices that do not have Bluetooth and a carrying bag for the speaker and cables.

Conclusion
    Unlike other Inateck products, the BTSP-10 is somewhat pricey at $79.99. But with the increased price comes a variety of improvements when compared directly with the other Bluetooth speakers I have reviewed from this company and from many others such as Beats. The Beats Pill sells for $199 putting the BTSP-10, $120 cheaper. At over 50% off you get a very comparable speaker that is able to make conference calls and fill a room / picnic with great sounding music. I can not recommend this speaker enough. If you are looking at a great looking and great sounding premium Bluetooth speaker, the BTSP-10 would be a perfect choice. I give it a 5/5 stars

http://www.inateck.com/inateck-btsp-10-bluetooth-speaker/

Attached Files:

2. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

But what about the coversheet to the tps report?