Review: Incase Slider for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tsice19, Dec 25, 2008.

1. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Just thought I'd write a review of the iPhone 3G case, the Incase Slider, for anyone who might be debating buying one.

I left my iPhone, a white 3G, naked for a day before I got my case. No serious damage from just being alone in my pocket. In fact, it was scratch free.

I got the slider today, and it looked really good. I wiped down both the phone and the case to keep debris from scratching it, then slowly put the phone in the case. I was worried it was going to completely trash the side of the phone, but it slid in nicely. Snug enough to not fall off, but tight enough you need a bit of force to get it off.

Overall, it's a great case. It fits snug and really protects the phone. However, you have to clean it! The smallest piece of fuzz can really scratch up the phone. In a day with the case, I've gotten more scratches on the back chrome Apple than when it was naked. Also, the bezel is slightly nicked up.

However, I think that the little damage the case has done to the phone is worth it, because I'm pretty certain that if I dropped the phone this case would protect it.

I would definitely recommend it, just don't freak out if it scratches your phone a bit, and make sure that you keep the inside of the case clean (probably a daily cleaning would work).

The cosmetics are nice as well, since the case barely adds any bulk, matches the phone, and allows for your phone to be easily docked.

Hope this helps some one out,
    tsice19

2. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

i just got the black incase slider today for christmas. WOW thats all i got to say.. what an amazing case!.. it feels good in your hand.. its made out of good material not cheap plastic.. its almost seems like it has a rubber coating on it.. it is easily dockable.. and i feel very comfortable with my phone being in it.. INCASE Slider = The best iphone 3g case
    :apple::apple:

3. tsice19 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Yes, the rubber rails on the inside of the case are really nice. They keep the plastic from scratching the phone. What sucks is that the minute pocket lint or dirt gets in between the phone and the case is it begins to scratch the chrome.

I couldn't ask for a better case...

4. slapppy macrumors 65816

Even if you clean it weekly the slightst debris will scratch the heck out of your iPhone. There are plenty of areas for debris to find it's way in.

It's why I switched to the Neo. The membrane that hugs the body will absoloutely keep it debris free. Nothing will work it's way in to scratch up anything. It's so good I rarely open it up to clean.

5. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

So I got this case today for Christmas in black, and my dad, who got it for me, said that he searched around for a long time trying to find the burgundy one which I really wanted but that he was dissatisfied with it because it felt like a different material than the black, so he got that instead. I'm happy with it, but I'm wondering if I should return it for the burgundy. Is this true that the two colors differ in feel/texture? Not that I don't believe my dad, but I just wanted to know if they used different materials for some of the different versions/colors of this case. Thanx!!

6. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

i have the black and gun metal....buying another one this weekend.

7. starscream1101 macrumors newbie

8. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Love this case. I have the black one.

Incase slider + powersupport anti-glare screen protector = love.

9. tsice19 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Does the case fit well with the screen protector? I've been wanting to get one but the case is such a tight fit I don't want it to get stuck.

10. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

The case fits well with a PS Anti-glare as long as you have aligned the screen protector film properly. What most people do is put the incase slider first, then place the screen protector. Mine was screen protector first - it was well aligned, no problems when I slid my incase slider (the problem was taking it out, this was back on their first release of sliders)