Review: Iphone 3g Stereo Bluetooth adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dr. Cabrera, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Item : Bluetooth Stereo Adapter for Apple iPod, iPhone

Purchased from : Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Bluetooth-Stere...QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Price: $28 shipped

Connected with: Motorola S9 Stereo Headset

Product Pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Review:

I won this item on the 25th of august and received it today ( yeah that was fast)

Its a pretty simple device, it is powered by the iphone itself. When plugged in you will get the usual " this is not supported message".

After about two unsuccesful tries of pairing I finally figured out how to get this to work

1) Turn off bluetooth headset
    2) Plug in the bluetooth adapter to the iPhone
    3) Start playing music on iPod
    4) Hold power button on headset and hold power button for a while
    ( this sends the headset into pairing mode)
    5) After about 20 seconds music will start playing... and skipping
    6) After about 5 seconds the link is complete

So far there has been very little battery drainage. The music and volume controls both work on my headset so I am able to change tracks without having to touch my iPhone.

Pros: easy to install, works as advertised, cheap
    Cons: Cannot take phone calls with headset ( I tried), sometime I can hear the distinctive GPS buzz

All in all a great product ( that should have been standard with the iPhone 3g)

2. Dr. Cabrera thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey that's the only mirror in my apartment :p
    ( guess I should install a full length mirror in my room )

3. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Just being a smarta**. That is what I am known for. Good review, I am tempted to try them.

4. minardi macrumors newbie

Bluetooth stereo music streaming with the iPhone

I went around the problem with my 3G. I use the BT320s and A120s from Jabra. The good thing about this combo is I can plug my sound system in the BT320 using the std mini plug. With other adapter, you have the headset with no alternative. With the 320, you can plug any ear buds, headset or any cable to use as an audio output. Just plug the 120 in the headset plug on your iPhone et voila. Added benefit, the 120 has a very small footage and is very light.

5. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

I have successfully done this actually.

I used the Sony stereo bluetooth adapter for iPod (like 60 bucks at best buy) and if you pair the headset to both your iPhone and to the bluetooth adapter, when a call comes in you can answer it with the headset.

6. applephysci macrumors regular

This is awesome. It's a great alternative to buying an expensive jaybird set. Donz0r, if a call comes in to you when you're listening to bluetooth wireless stereo, does the music automatically stop, and do you get the option to answer with your bluetooth headset?

shenaniganz08, did you try pairing your headset to BOTH the iphone AND the Stereo Bluetooth adapter?

7. Dr. Cabrera thread starter macrumors 65816

I tried pairing both, and it was not possible

ill take a video to show you what happens, basically once the headset is detected as a phone headset it stops detecting it as an audio headset