[Review] Life in Plastiq

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eddyish, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Eddyish macrumors member

A month or so ago I was given a case free of charge by Life in Plastiq. The Life in Plastiq cases are a type of plastic (duh!) snap on cases with a design on the back of the case.

+The case itself seems to be of quite high built quality and I'm not too afraid that the coating will peel off like it did to one of my custom cases from casemate.
    +It feels quite good in the hand and offers a small amount of grip.
    +The ports are all open and allows you easy access of the iPhone's ports.
    +It doesn't bubble up your screen protector or anything.
    +The case comes with a cleaning cloth (though I don't believe it's a microfibre cleaning cloth) and a screen protector so that's nice.
    +The designs on the back of the case are of a nice, high quality. My camera doesn't do them justice.
    +The case is quite thin and doesn't add much bulk.
    +At 19.99, Life in Plastiq cases are rather inexpensive (especially now that they're doing a 50% sale!)

-The case's camera cutout is quite small and washout does occur when you take photos with the iPhone's flash on.
    -The back of the case is still quite slick though not extremely slippery. I've dropped the phone a few times with this case on because of this reason though it might just be because I'm a massive klutz.
    -The case doesn't offer the phone much protection and doesn't have a lay on the table design so if you're someone like me who often drops their phone, I wouldn't recommend something like this.

So yeah that's basically what I thought of the case summarised through a bunch of positive and negative points! I give the case a 7/10. Also Life in Plastiq is currently doing a 50% sale at their website and I think shipping is free internationally (it was a month ago, not too sure now). They've got a growing selection of designs from individuals around the world and you can enter your own design too.

For more info, visit http://www.lifeinplastiq.com

Attached Files:

2. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

Thanks Eddy for taking the time to do such an excellent write up!

3. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

Nice design on the back. I visited their website to see more products, do you know when the 50% off deal ends?

4. Eddyish thread starter macrumors member

I believe it ends on June 30th.

5. danetello macrumors 6502