Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Logitech's MX Sound 2.0 Bluetooth speakers are the audio offering in its latest desktop accessory range, which includes the MX ERGO mouse and CRAFT keyboard. Like most stereo speakers around the $99 price point, they're positioned as a decent upgrade over typically lifeless-sounding integrated monitor and laptop speakers.

IMG_2672-800x654.jpg

The company says it focused on design quality and audio performance when developing these spherical units, so I was intrigued to see how they compared to the likes of Creative's acclaimed GigaWorks T20 Series II speakers, which have garnered an impressive fan base over the last decade.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Logitech's $99 MX Sound 2.0 Speakers Offer Great Audio for the Money

bartvk

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2016
The Netherlands
I still have two sets of the Logitech V20. It gets its power as well as audio connection from USB-A, which is freaking awesome. The thing doesn't even have a 3.5mm jack. That means I get to plunk down my MacBook, hook up a single USB connection and be done. I find bluetooth... fiddly.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-V20-Notebook-Speakers-Black/dp/B0009WKBGC

Some monitors have speakers built-in, however macOS doesn't allow you to use the volume keys on those. The V20 are controllable through macOS like usual.

Reactions: ignatius345

ccsicecoke

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010

Logitech's MX Sound 2.0 Bluetooth speakers are the audio offering in its latest desktop accessory range, which includes the MX ERGO mouse and CRAFT keyboard. Like most stereo speakers around the $99 price point, they're positioned as a decent upgrade over typically lifeless-sounding integrated monitor and laptop speakers.

IMG_2672-800x654.jpg

The company says it focused on design quality and audio performance when developing these spherical units, so I was intrigued to see how they compared to the likes of Creative's acclaimed GigaWorks T20 Series II speakers, which have garnered an impressive fan base over the last decade.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Logitech's $99 MX Sound 2.0 Speakers Offer Great Audio for the Money

They don’t have BT 5.0. And yet they were talking about audio quality

Applebot1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
UK
I’ve never had an issue with Logitec speakers . In fact still have my speakers I hooked up to my G5 Mac Pro.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
No thanks, they are Fugly, and if I need speakers for my Mac I would get some decent studio speakers.

Right now I have two huge (About 1 Meter high, 30 cm wide and 40 cm deep-60 Kg each) custom made reference speakers next to my mac.

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
I'm afraid I could never use a speaker without hand gesture recognition.

Also, did the… reviewer describe these as "spherical"…?

flofixer

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
California
I've owned several logitech speaker systems, three logitech keyboards, logitech wireless mice, bluetooth head phones.
My experience has been consistently positive with their products

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
No thanks, they are Fugly, and if I need speakers for my Mac I would get some decent studio speakers.

Right now I have two huge (About 1 Meter high, 30 cm wide and 40 cm deep-60 Kg each) custom made reference speakers next to my mac.

Good to know. You're right, I'll go telephone my custom speaker maker and order some bespoke three foot tall speakers to put on my desk.

I was going to just order this basic set of speakers, but they were 1) not gigantic enough and 2) cost way too little money, and 3) were too easy to get. This solves those problems nicely.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Good to know. You're right, I'll go telephone my custom speaker maker and order some bespoke three foot tall speakers to put on my desk.

I was going to just order this basic set of speakers, but they were 1) not gigantic enough and 2) cost way too little money, and 3) were too easy to get. This solves those problems nicely.

They are next to my Mac, I didn't say on my desk.
Custom made partly by myself, as in I built them myself but they are reference speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.