Review: Logitech's $99 MX Sound 2.0 Speakers Offer Great Audio for the Money

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 12, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Logitech's MX Sound 2.0 Bluetooth speakers are the audio offering in its latest desktop accessory range, which includes the MX ERGO mouse and CRAFT keyboard. Like most stereo speakers around the $99 price point, they're positioned as a decent upgrade over typically lifeless-sounding integrated monitor and laptop speakers.

[​IMG]

The company says it focused on design quality and audio performance when developing these spherical units, so I was intrigued to see how they compared to the likes of Creative's acclaimed GigaWorks T20 Series II speakers, which have garnered an impressive fan base over the last decade.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Logitech's $99 MX Sound 2.0 Speakers Offer Great Audio for the Money

2. Avieshek macrumors 6502a

Avieshek

3. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

4.1 It's in the article.;)

4. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

Logitech is the worst company on earth. Feel free to throw your money away. Thanks.

5. bartvk macrumors 6502

bartvk

I still have two sets of the Logitech V20. It gets its power as well as audio connection from USB-A, which is freaking awesome. The thing doesn't even have a 3.5mm jack. That means I get to plunk down my MacBook, hook up a single USB connection and be done. I find bluetooth... fiddly.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-V20-Notebook-Speakers-Black/dp/B0009WKBGC

Some monitors have speakers built-in, however macOS doesn't allow you to use the volume keys on those. The V20 are controllable through macOS like usual.

6. ccsicecoke macrumors regular

They don’t have BT 5.0. And yet they were talking about audio quality

7. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

From my experience, Logitech makes good, cost effective computer accessories that serve their intended purpose well. Some of their products work better than others but that is true of Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc.

8. Applebot1 macrumors 6502

I’ve never had an issue with Logitec speakers . In fact still have my speakers I hooked up to my G5 Mac Pro.

9. ToneDriver macrumors newbie

ToneDriver

Nope. Have loved their products for years and years. Your experience is just that, your experience.

10. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

No thanks, they are Fugly, and if I need speakers for my Mac I would get some decent studio speakers.

Right now I have two huge (About 1 Meter high, 30 cm wide and 40 cm deep-60 Kg each) custom made reference speakers next to my mac.

11. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Why is it "the worst company on earth"?

12. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

I second the question, I find they make good to great products and have consistently good service.

13. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Been using them forever and couldn’t disagree more

14. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

I'm afraid I could never use a speaker without hand gesture recognition.

Also, did the… reviewer describe these as "spherical"…?

15. Sandstorm macrumors 6502a

Sandstorm

Oh, I didn't know. I guess it's time to ditch my MX Master mouse and switch to something MUCH better. Perhaps, the well designed, ergonomic marvel - Magic Mouse?

16. flofixer macrumors newbie

I've owned several logitech speaker systems, three logitech keyboards, logitech wireless mice, bluetooth head phones.
    My experience has been consistently positive with their products

17. ignatius345 macrumors 6502a

Good to know. You're right, I'll go telephone my custom speaker maker and order some bespoke three foot tall speakers to put on my desk.

I was going to just order this basic set of speakers, but they were 1) not gigantic enough and 2) cost way too little money, and 3) were too easy to get. This solves those problems nicely.

18. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

They are next to my Mac, I didn't say on my desk.
    Custom made partly by myself, as in I built them myself but they are reference speakers.