Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Onikoroshi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Kashiwa
When I type a reply in the native messages app, I can review the message I am answering to until I start the 9th row, then I can not scroll upwards anymore to see old messages. Is there an option to disable this or any other work around? Thanks in advance!

Onikoroshi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Kashiwa
I actually didn't mean my own message but actually reviewing the message I am replying to (the one by the conversation partner). Highlighting and scrolling only works in the message I am typing.

thepyro395

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
Arkansas
I actually didn't mean my own message but actually reviewing the message I am replying to (the one by the conversation partner). Highlighting and scrolling only works in the message I am typing.

I noticed this the other day when i was sending a part of a story that a friend and I have been writing together over SMS, yes I know that sounds like a dumb idea but its kind of fun. Once you hit a certain point the response bubble makes it where you can't see anything that has already been sent or received. It does it in landscape and horizontal view.

Onikoroshi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Kashiwa
I noticed this the other day when i was sending a part of a story that a friend and I have been writing together over SMS, yes I know that sounds like a dumb idea but its kind of fun. Once you hit a certain point the response bubble makes it where you can't see anything that has already been sent or received. It does it in landscape and horizontal view.

exactly this. in landscape it is even only 5 lines before you cant scroll up to older messages anymore.
anyone an idea how to work around this?

thepyro395

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
Arkansas
exactly this. in landscape it is even only 5 lines before you cant scroll up to older messages anymore.
anyone an idea how to work around this?

A friend of mine had his phone jailbroke and found a tweak to get around it. The only issue I have with jailbreaking is that something seems to always mess up on me.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
When I type a reply in the native messages app, I can review the message I am answering to until I start the 9th row, then I can not scroll upwards anymore to see old messages. Is there an option to disable this or any other work around? Thanks in advance!
You're using a screwdriver to beat a nail into a tree.

Messages app was designed for 140char sms messages, yes it can be used for more now...

But if you want more functionality, use Mail.

normanbates

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2011
Until Apple add the function to hide the keypad like on the iPad there is no way of minimising the keyboard in this scenario.

One way around it would be to read the message received and then hop over to notes and type the reply, and just keep switching between notes and messages to review and type some more then just select all the text in notes and cut then paste into the message once you have finished with it.

Saying that though it is a cumbersome way around things and as the post above says, use mail. It's a lot better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.