Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jachrist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
I recently started using the Zagg Profolio+ case for my iPad, and I wanted to share some thought.

I REALLY REALLY love the keyboard. The Shift keys are in the correct places. The arrow keys are situated nicely. The row of iOS function keys is very convenient.

The battery life is amazing (as advertised). I have been using it for 9 hours per day for the last 4 days of work, and I am still in the 90% range. I love the fact that you can tell the battery life from the "battery" button. Certain blinks of certain colors provide more than the standard red warning light I have seen on other keyboard I used in the past.

The case as a whole is very slim. MUCH moreso than the normal Zaggfolio case. It is extremely light as well.

I also like the faux-leather-looking rubbery material that coat the outside of the case. It keeps the case from sliding around while I am typing on my lap or on a smooth desk.

The backlit keyboards are very convenient. I never thought much about backlit keyboards for the ipad before using this case. Now, I don't think I would want another case that didn't have this option. Typing in bed at night with the light off (while the significant other is sleeping) is finally doable without having the screen at maximum brightness.

For the past few weeks, I have been looking for a keyboard to allow me to leave my massive, heavy MPB 15" in my office at work. After trying the ultra-thin and the Zaggfolio and the apple wireless in an origami, I wasn't satisfied with any ipad keyboard. I was almost tempted to buy a Surface R/T to use office on the go. I really really love the TypeCover for the Surface. I really think that the Zagg Profolio is the closest thing to the Type Cover for the ipad at this time. Now if we can only get Apple to give us mouse support in iOS 7, I will be able to use my ipad for 95% of my computing needs.

If anyone else has any experience (good and bad) with the Zagg Profolio+, please let us know about it.

----------

I'll post pics tomorrow afternoon.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
I just got mine this morning and I already fell in love with it. I've been having to take a lot of notes for school lately (home as well as out) and carrying my 15" MBP was starting to be a pain. I then tried using my :apple: bluetooth keyboard with my iPad. At home it worked amazingly well, but when I had to go somewhere, it was clumsy.

I did a bunch of research and ended up with this Zagg Profolio+. I really like that it doubles as a case and is made of pretty good material. I recently got my mom the Logitech Ultrathin for her mini, and even though she loves it, she has complained about some scratches. The keyboard has been very comfortable to type on as well. Keys are a pretty good size, good feedback and the top row of media keys has been very helpful too. Excited to see how the backlit keys work tonight.

It's just my first day and I'm really loving it. So far I have survived a day of lectures, now to see how it does at home. I like how it's taking me one step closer to not needing my laptop. Makes me wish I would've looked for this solution a longer time ago.

PS: My only complaint, and that's more iOS related, I have to type a lot in foreign languages, and when using an external keyboard, it doesn't seem as good when it comes to correcting words as the normal keyboard does. A bit of an annoyance when letters like ýžšöüß aren't added automatically anymore.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i prefer the Kensington one b/c:

1) keyboard is removable so you can use the case as a regular case, and it gives you more flexibility on setup
2) viewing angle is adjustable - the Zagg viewing angles are not always ideal due to glare or other setup constraints at the office or in lectures
3) three year warranty

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
I'm with you guys, the Profolio+ is a very very good keyboard case. I'm glad I just spent the money on it without poking around at similar cases/keyboards.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Would you recommend the Profolio plus over the Zaggkeys Pro, that's more of a cover than it is a case? I am going to look at both this Friday and hopefully make a decision

Also - Say you just want to use your iPad and you don't plan on doing much typing. Can you flip the case around so the keyboard is in the back, or do you have to constantly remove your iPad from the case to use it in this fashion?

Thanks!

Last edited:

gottafly

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
are any of you experiencing issues w/ bluetooth connectivity with the zagg keyboard?

I absolutely love mine. So much more compact, good form factor, solid feel, comfortable.......but often times the BT fails to connect after it remains closed for awhile. I end up having to turn it off/on to wake it back up?

Anybody?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.