Review: Pad & Quill's Small Briefcase Is a Neat Bag for Your iPad, MacBook, and More

Discussion in 'Guides, How Tos and Reviews' started by MacRumors, Nov 3, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The heated debate over whether an iPad can replace a Mac as a day-to-day workhorse shows no sign of abating. One way of evading the crossfire is to plump for both, but to do that you need a bag that can conveniently accommodate the two devices for when you're on the move.

[​IMG]

Pad & Quill's Small Briefcase ($219) is one of the Minneapolis company's latest compact leather and canvas solutions for carrying an iPad Pro and a 13-inch MacBook Pro, along with more traditional study/business miscellanea, so we looked at whether it can live up to its billing.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Pad & Quill's Small Briefcase Is a Neat Bag for Your iPad, MacBook, and More

2. WBRacing macrumors 65816

WBRacing

That is another good looking potential man bag, but the zip teeth are a major no-no for me. How hard is it to add a decent protective lining of fabric along the inside? To me it shows either lack of attention to detail or simple laziness.

3. Nefilim Suspended

Mmm... sandwiches!

Somewhat pricey, but these days that seems to be a trend.

4. Branskins macrumors 65816

Everything sounded great up until this.

Do the 15" bags have a similar problem?

5. Nick11Mac macrumors 6502

Nick11Mac

The article photo shows a leather flap. That may serve as a shield from the zipper. Though not inexpensive, the function and look of the bag is nice.

6. simonmet macrumors 68020

simonmet

Just out of interest, is this "sponsored content"?

If so, shouldn't it be labelled as such?

I'm reading between the lines and assuming that it is.

7. leroypants Suspended

Not enough room for the cornucopia of dongles the new Macboos need to function.

8. Telos101 macrumors regular

Telos101

Well, it criticises the bag for perceived failings, which is what a review should do. Sponsored content would just like list a bunch of features and provide a buy link.

9. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

10. Brawnydt Suspended

Brawnydt

Actually I've seen this bag, there is a leather lining inside the flap to protect the tech from the zipper. And the zipper itself is some kind of fancy polished metal that doesn't scratch tech like other zippers. I think they talk about it in the product video...

11. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

12. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

13. Nick11Mac macrumors 6502

Nick11Mac

Thanks for sharing the video. The bag looks good, also durable and useful. He talks about the zipper too.

14. bstpierre macrumors 6502a

There is this disclaimer at the end:

Note: Pad & Quill supplied the bag to MacRumors for the purposes of this review. No other compensation was received.

15. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

Seems Pad & Quill sent a bunch of freebies out. 9to5mac just reviewed the same.

16. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

If you're going to spend a small fortune on a bag there are much better ones out there. Don't get sucked into these crap reviews just because some company threw a pricey bag your way.

17. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

James.K.Polk

Which would you recommend? My bag from Far Horizon Traders fell apart after less than a year of use.

18. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I've got one coming this week. I've had some of their smaller leather goods, and I've been impressed so far.