Review: Poetic HardBack Duo Hybrid Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by agallowa, Jul 11, 2012.

1. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

While some people may prefer a super slim almost nonexistent form of protection when it comes to their case some people can’t go that route or they will end up with a dead iPad. The HardBack Duo Hybrid is unique in that it offers a high level of protection for your iPad all while still staying fairly slim and compact just like your iPad. The outer shell of the Hybrid has a very different checkerboard pattern to it that will definitely set you apart from the normal cases on the market.

The entire exterior of the case is made of a super strong polycarbonate plastic that will ensure your iPad will stay safe no matter what the conditions. Upon opening the Hybrid you will see the silicon honeycomb design that goes throughout the interior. This is to ensure a safe absorbing shock material all the while being super light since it has a honeycomb design to it. The iPad fits very easily into the case with a simple snap and stays very secure.

All corners of the case are cut nicely with no big ugly gaps or weird lines. The profile of the case around the corners stay very shallow and do not hinder the front look of the iPad staying very low key and minimal.

All ports of the iPad stay perfectly accessible with no issues of a bad camera cutout or hard to reach button. The volume button rocker and the lock buttons are actually covered by the case and feature a nice raised button over it that makes controlling the volume easy as pie.

The case snaps together with a nice rigid latch that clicks very easily. Once the case is snapped together it is very secure and can withstand some good abuse from a drop of just on a daily work routine.

The Hybrid also features a nice landscape viewing angle by popping the two corners of the case off of the iPad and then inserting it into the plastic slot that is available in the middle of the honeycomb material. I haven’t seen a case while in this position that is as secure as the hybrid. The cutout is very deep and the iPad fits into it extremely well even after pushing the iPad around a bit it takes a good amount of pressure to knock it out of the viewing angle.

If you’re out there looking for a nice heavy duty iPad case that’s going to still stay low profile and not be a big huge piece of plastic on your device then I would definitely give the Poetic HardBack Duo Hybrid a look. It’s unmatched in the protection it provides all while staying as slim as it does.

Attached Files:

• p1.png
      p1.png
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • p2.png
      p2.png
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • p3.png
      p3.png
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • p4.png
      p4.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • p5.png
      p5.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  2. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

agallowa

Attached Files:

• p6.png
      p6.png
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • p7.png
      p7.png
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • p8.png
      p8.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • p9.png
      p9.png
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
  3. hamsup1o macrumors member

Thanks for the review! Looks like a nice case but not feeling the checker pattern on the front cover. Wish they made a plain option.

4. glen e macrumors 68030

I like poetic stuff but this looks like its made for the factory floor rather than the office....too industrial for me....

5. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

agallowa

I agree with the patterned cover i wish it was a little more minimal as well. Hopefully soon that comes to be an option. I was actually suprised how much i liked it even with how rugged it is.