Review: Power Support Air Jacket Clear iPhone 4 Snap On Case with Scratch Test

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iammike1, Oct 1, 2010.

1. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

2. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I would love to get this case when available in the us... Been using the s e nude since day one and happy with it..even with the scratches... So I know I will love this one... Thanks for the vid

3. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Boy did they mark that up for US sales. I paid around $30 here in Japan even with the horrible exchange rate and that was at a retail store.

4. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

Sweet! I have been waiting for this. I will be ordering one today.

5. Biggster macrumors newbie

1. Does it creak when you press the sides like the Incase Snap?
    2. Is there a way to avoid the watermark at the back?

6. rudy44 macrumors member

7. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

if you guys live near the PS retail location in burbank i suggest you go in person to buy it. not only do u get to check out the case in person but the price might be cheaper as well! i stopped by yesterday to pick up their front/back crystal screen protectors for the ip4 and it was 5 bucks cheaper than online.

8. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

That price is insane!! They can't be serious...lol... I will stick with my nude... Dam! I wanted this case too

9. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

10. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

Saw both videos. I agree the 2nd video is a better test of its resilience to scratches. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, if they'd put the same coating on the inside too. What is the real point of making it scratch-resistant on the outside, if you can easily scratch up the inside? Eventually dust or small particles that slip through can get caught in between the iPhone's back and the inside surface scratching up the inside portion making the case look just as bad a non-coated one.

11. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

So because I'm not going to go to extremes to scratch the case my video is awful?

Also, I guess you think my review is bias which would be wrong. No, I'm not impressed with the case but I love PS screen protectors...case just didn't live up to the quality of the screen protectors.

The video you linked didn't even talk about the case or show it on a phone at all, completely useless video except for one thing, the scratch resistance on the OUTSIDE which I pointed out doesn't apply to the inside.

12. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

I watched your video and found it informative! I bought the SwitchEasy Nude all clear and found out too late how quickly it gets scratches on all its surfaces. I wasn't aware of PS Air Jacket Clear until you spawned this thread, but yeah, like you said in your video, the inside is super easy to scratch still. If they make the entire case all resistant both outside and inside, I'd be taking a second look. The way it is right now, it is an upgrade over the SE Nude - clear, but way more expensive.

13. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

Dude! That is a little harsh. The video was informative-not awful.

With that being said, has anyone seen the different versions of this case in person? I am trying to decide which version to get.

Thanks

14. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

you seemed biased because of the fact your microfibers scratched the inside of the case + you made the snarky remarks "not with steel wool or anything" and " I guess if you can somehow avoid EVER WIPING THE INSIDE of the case" You made it seem like its a major flaw, when the only flaw is that you should probably be using microfibers with at least SOME plush ( you would really only use those flat ones if you are trying to make sure your final product lint free).

Your video flopped because the case already had scratches on it, thus making it hard to see if the case really was scratch resistant. The other video did a fantastic job of proving that point, and really made it clear that this is not your average clear case

I guess awful was a bit too harsh, sorry if you took it personally, my main point is that you were projecting your own faults on the case( your non-verbal frustration is evident at 1:29)
    Anytime someone inserts their own emotions/faults into a review I consider it flawed ( like the hundreds of people that complain about screen protectors because they can't apply them properly)

One video made me want to buy the product, the other didn't ( and I don't even use a case ! )

you can guess that on your own

15. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

It's a review and I found what I consider to be a flaw. Should I not mention it? Maybe you'd be happier if I sounded excited when I pointed out the flaws of the case design.

As far as the micro-fiber, I showed it in the video for a reason, now people know what kind of MF was used. Funny thing is though, the MF I used is softer and more "plush" than 99% of the MF's I see people with INCLUDING the one that was included with the PS case.

This is the last of my replies about this. I replied because you made the bias statement. You can think my review is awful if you want but I went into the PS case excited about it, walked away disappointed. Better than other clear cases but they should have coated the whole case.

16. Biggster macrumors newbie

Mike, just curious, what was the other clear case that you showed in the video for comparison?

17. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

From a company called RayOut. They are sold all over Japan but never heard of them before I came here.

18. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

Yep, excellent video... but someone notify me when then have a version of the case with all surfaces scratch resistant coated. The way it is now, I don't trust the non-coated side rubbing up against the bare glass.

19. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

Okay not sure the point of the video. A couple of Taiwanese/Chinese fellows messing around with the 3 different cases talking about the alleged quality of the anti-scratch coatings. I guess 3H is supposed to be the best and how the green one was from China, but they seemed kinda condescending towards that one.

I want to see a video where they take a PS with that same brush and do the interior surface! Yeah, exactly..... call me when they fix that part.

20. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

...maybe because they were Japanese...not Taiwanese or Chinese. That should explain the tone towards the Chinese case.

21. arcturuz macrumors member

there is 1 japanese and 2 chinese

they are saying that the green case is china's premium anti scratch case using the 3H anti scratch technology, and the power support air jacket is also using the same 3H tech.

however the green case is still prone to scratches but the power support does not.