Review: Ringke iPhone 4 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by troop231, Nov 19, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

Received my Ringke iPhone 4 case today, and here is my writeup on it:

Got this case in Aqua Black color: Ringke iPhone 4 Cases

I received the case promptly within 4 days from order confirmation. I literally opened up the package and put it on right away to give it a real world test for my daily use, the gym. It held up great, and provides alot more grip than my previous favorite case, the InCase Snap - Clear. In fact, it fell out of my pocket at the gym and protected the phone very well.

This case is not a typical silicone based case, but rather one that is a soft touch rubber that won't cling to your pants pocket. The case comes in hassle free adequate packaging, and I was delighted to find a headphone port plug and dock port plug included! One of the things I didn't like about my InCase was that dust and dirt would get trapped between the stainless steel antenna and the case, but this case has a molded over lip which should prevent that, and has done so already.

There is a large cutout around the flash which I know does not affect taking pictures in the dark, a nice bonus.

I really like the Apple logo cut out on the back to top off the icing on this case cake. In summary, this is my new favorite case, and I give it a 9.5 out of a 10. Pictures: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. reebs macrumors 6502

Here are my thoughts...I tried the Ringke case and sent it right back. Great look, I give it that BUT I couldn't get over the looseness of the material especially around the top and bottom of the case. Every single time I pulled the phone out of my pocket, I needed to re-position the case! I could see a lot of dirt getting inside because of this and not much protection. The ringz that come with it are nice but doesn't do much to prevent that saggy bottom. They should have used a thicker material to keep the case in place.

3. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Hmm, haven't had those issues with mine so far, perhaps they have corrected it.

4. reebs macrumors 6502

I emailed them about it and not they have not changed the material of the case. Actually, I got the revised one with the bigger flash cutout. Maybe the aqua black is a different material than the other colors? Like I said I loved the look but the looseness is a BIG issue.

5. austin571 macrumors regular

I have the Ringke but I added the case mate tough outer shell around it. Dropped it a few times, not problem.

6. fishmd, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010

fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Ok, so as I have this case as well I thought I would add my thoughts and impressions.

The Good:
    1. Material is feels great! I really mean it. It is silicone supposedly, but does not feel like it. It is more like a cross between silicone and TPU, which is what I think Troop mentioned as well. Feels really good in the hand. Easy to put on and take off. Does NOT collect lint at all.
    2. I have both a front and back screen shield on my phone and there are no issues with fit and no peeling of my front screen shield at all.
    3. Cut outs are also very nicely done as you can see in my picture for the dock connector.
    4. It is a fairly thin case and so does not add much bulk at all.
    5. Cutout around the Apple logo is nice as well. I actually like how it shows just a touch of black surrounding the chrome Apple logo. Makes it stand out even better. :apple:
    6. Also the cutout around the camera is plenty wide so there will be no issue with the flash.
    7. Both the sleep/wake and volume up and volume down are covered up with the material.
    8. Cut out for the vibrate switch is probably one of the best I have ever used with a case. You don't have to dig down at all. I can actually hit it by just brushing my finger over it.
    9. Good lay on the table design, as are most of these types of cases.

The Not so Good:
    1. The material, while feeling great, is a bit "mushy" so to speak. In other words, it is a bit too stretchy. You will notice this around the edges. I will say however that it does seem to snap right back into place. I don't see it as becoming saggy or mis-shaped over time.
    2. The buttons are a bit difficult to press. I notice this mainly over the volume up and down buttons. The sleep/wake seems to be pretty responsive.
    3. There is an "extra line" in the case, which is basically just some flash likely from the case mold. You can see it in one of my pictures bellow, right next to one of the "designed seams" in the case's side. It is on both sides of the case in the exact same spot. While it does not interfere with anything, it just annoys me. :rolleyes:

Overall for this type of case, I would give it an 8/10. If the material were a little bit stiffer and the volume buttons were not as difficult to press, this case would be outstanding. I really like how it is kind of designed to look like the iphone on its sides, and I really like the way they did the Apple cutout. :apple:

Attached Files:

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Just wanted to say very good review, like how this case keeps the phone very very slim as seen in the photos. Although I personally am not a big fan of silicone cases, looks like a good silicone one for someone that likes silicone cases.