Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildsau

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
I'm not sure why the review indicates it enables Night Stand mode on the watch, since the watch needs to be in landscape orientation for that to work. This watch charger having the watch flat on its back would NOT enable Night Stand mode. Unless I'm missing something like the watch charging puck is also hinged and twists sideways to enable landscape orientation - which I seriously doubt.

Reactions: Shifts

Yonizzle

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2005
Durham, NC
Pricing for this stuff (from reputable brands) is pretty wild but what really gets me is that all the 2-in-1 options are Qi2/MagSafe plus old-style Qi. It’s so hard to find something with Qi2 + Apple Watch, which is all I really need. With the 3-in-1 on my nightstand I charge my phone and watch overnight, but my AirPods just get topped up occasionally during the day, so I don’t need a dedicated Qi pad. Would really like someone to come out with an alternative to the discontinued MagSafe Duo.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I've had two of these for awhile: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BRHZNBJQ/

They've been flawless and everything folds down nicely when needed. Can be had for a more palatable $52 when applying the included 20% coupon.

Definitely a nicer price, but how can you swallow the clear rip-off build? Not worried about the electronics? "Mag-Safe" is deliberately hyphenated. Surprised that Amazon has left the listing online, as it's clearly a trademark violation.

makeitrainnaren

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2020
Just imagine what your battery percentage would be after a month of use?
my guess would be 96%
Ehhhh this is the first year I’ve used MagSafe more than wired charging and my 15PM is still holding up fine. 100% battery with around 240 cycles. I do use an ESR charger that has a cooling fan built in though.

victoras

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
The 3-in-1 model is priced at $130, likely because Satechi is still licensing Apple Watch charging technology from Apple
Still overpriced when you consider the reported 10% of the selling price or $10, what ever was greater fee that is apparently charged. Allegedly. Maybe Satechi would care to explain?

McG2k1

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
What does this weigh? I’ve yet to find a charging stand that doesn’t pick up or get dragged when trying to remove my iPhone from the magnet.

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008
The price of all of these phone charging stands is ridiculous. Who is buying this ****?
I bought the Belkin 3-in-1 MagSafe charging stand for just over $100. I don't regret it at all. It looks nice, works well, and is convenient for my iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods Pro. The cost was worth the convenience, aesthetics, and performance.

They are certainly not for everyone.

System603

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2021
Europe
I have this MagSafe one, and I love how compact it is both when travelling and on the table.

It comes with both iPhone and Apple Watch fast charging and uses a standard USB-C, not a barrel or other special connectors like some others do. Why anyone would use anything other than USB-C on a charging stand now is beyond me.

I hope they'll also make official Qi2 version later.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
Satechi make some very nice stuff but that price just feels like "Apple fans will pay this much for anything". I know that's how pricing works, but still. That reminds me I need a new polishing cloth BRB.

makeitrainnaren

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2020
Satechi make some very nice stuff but that price just feels like "Apple fans will pay this much for anything". I know that's how pricing works, but still. That reminds me I need a new polishing cloth BRB.
I did use my EPP to get a discount on the polishing cloth, it's nice but not $20 nice lmao.

Reactions: Jim Lahey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.