Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

remontoire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Continuing from my previous post: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1168276/

The skeleton frame is held to the mounting cover by 4 bumps, one in each corner, and 2 clips in the middle edges of the frame.
ipd58.jpg

ipd60.jpg

ipd61.jpg

Before fully clipping the frame to the skinned iPad:
ipd64.jpg

After:
ipd66.jpg

ipd67.jpg

After covering the front of the iPad with the convertible cover. You can still see a tiny part of the Home button which isn't covered. The thickness of the iPad with the cover on is a little over an inch.
ipd75.jpg

ipd77.jpg

ipd78.jpg

There is a small gap between the cover and the surface of the iPad.
ipd81.jpg

ipd86.jpg

I didn't try the Otterbox Defender or any other cases, so I can't compare this one to them; but overall, I really like this case and will be keeping it. I'll be using the iPad in an industrial environment, and this case looks to be pretty rugged.

peter3

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2010
Does the bump holds the cover snugly? Any loose parts?
I'm puzzled about the gap as well. Thanks!

remontoire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Does the bump holds the cover snugly? Any loose parts?
I'm puzzled about the gap as well. Thanks!
The bumps do seem to keep the cover in place pretty well, and there are the two clips (one on each side) in the middle to provide additional grip. Everything fits quite snugly for now due to all of the rubber-on-rubber contact; if I notice any loosening I'll be sure to make an update.

Maybe the gap is to provide some space for the cover to flex inward if something heavy falls onto it, in an attempt to avoid passing the impact onto the iPad's screen and possible cracking it. Or it might also be to accomodate the thickness of the stand when it's clipped onto the underside of the cover; the stand isn't very thick, but without the gap, the felt surface of the stand might be directly touching the screen after the cover is put on.

I'm not sure what the purpose is for those two rectangular areas on the underside of the cover. I might try gluing some magnets to them as 3goldens suggested to see if that'll cause the iPad to go to sleep when the cover is on.

Viking81992

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Seidio review

Very comprehensive review remontoire. I've had mine for about a week and i'm also very happy with it.

Just a couple of things i've noticed.

When the stand is down, it does not need to be locked into place to attach the lid to the unit. There is enough room between the stand and the screen to close the unit. This makes it easy to pop up the stand when you need it. There is nothing "loose" about the case at all. It's tight and clean all around. When you grab a hold of it, it feels really solid and grips very well. The two rubberized grips on the bottom of the lid/stand hold very well to smooth surfaces so the unit doesn't slde away from you while you're typing or playing games.

Again, if you're looking for a very durable, good quality, yet clean case, this is a great option. I don't mind spending a bit of money for a quality product, and that's what you get here. Well done Seidio.

Cheers,

Ed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.