Review SGP Ultra Fine + Leather Back + Lucky Labs Decals

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mota, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mota macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I was fortunate enough to receive the Ultra Fine screen protector in the beta Facebook testing that SGP was doing earlier and I must say I am impressed. I was kind of weary after reading some of the other reviews on how this screen protector looked and the clarity of the display but once i put it on, I dont think I will be getting another.

First off, I got my iphone yesterday, so I hadn't had much time to play with it before putting this on. But when I did use it naked, i felt that the swiping motion was a tad sticky. May it be because my hands were sweaty, who knows, but comparing that to swiping with the screen protector on there is a big difference. When swiping with the screen protector on, the movement is so fluid and no "stickiness anywhere", the feel is great. Also, I am a stickler when it comes down to fingerprints and this protector lives up to its name in that I rarely see any marks on the screen. However nothing can be perfect, and there are an occasional smudge here or there and a simple wipe will get it off. Overall, I would give this protector a 9/10. In a sense that it does its job of anti finger print but also the clarity of the screen is in tact. I would have rated it a 10 if the clarity was equal to that of the oleo but you have to pick and choose what is more useful for you. In my case, no smudges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here are some pictures of the SGP black leather skin and the black decals from Lucky Labs. I wanted a blacked out look so I went with these. I must say the quality of the leather skin is pretty good. If you have ever felt the backs of the Blackberry Bolds, the feel is really similar. As for the Lucky Labs, they are a nice touch. However they were a pain to install because of how thin the vinyl is but other than that they fit really nice. I haven't noticed any improvement in signal but I haven't had any dropped calls, so all is good.

I would recommend all three of these products. Both the SGP products are good quality and construction, and installation was a breeze.

Sonix Snap Case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just received this case today, for those who are wondering if this case fits over of SGP products it does. However I would advise not to use with the Lucky Labs as mine are peeling. This case itself it awesome, the feel of the case is a marshmellow feel and I believe it will offer pretty good drop protection because of the new design (the top is covered). I highly recommend if you like this minimalist look.

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Looks nice. Only thing I'm not too crazy about is the black sticker on the Apple logo but if that's what you were shooting for, it complements everything well.

3. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Can you post a link to the black side wrap please! Looks sexy!

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

5. marvel2 macrumors 6502

That looks great. I wanted to do something similar.

6. chanerz macrumors 6502a