Review - Spigen GLAS.t SLIM

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iproductsuser, Apr 24, 2013.

1. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I recently installed a Spigen GLAS.t SLIM and wanted to give you guys a quick review of it. They have recently released a line of SLIM products and the GLAS.t SLIM was one I was really looking forward to.

First off let me start by saying if you have never had the opportunity to use a pure glass screen shield, you are missing out on a must have product. Spigen's glass screen shields provide a level of smoothness that is superior to the naked iPhone 5 glass. The GLAS.t line of premium glass screen shields are silky smooth, resist fingerprints like nothing i've ever used before and are extremely tough at at harness of 8-9H.

The SLIM version of the GLAS.t comes in at 0.26mm thin versus 0.40 of the standard GLAS.t. I previously used the standard GLAS.tR and this slim version is very noticeably more thin. This is particularly obvious at the home button as it is not as far recessed. With this one, I don't feel as if I need to use a jelly or aluminum home button sticker due to the recessed area.

I honestly cannot express how insanely awesome this screen shield is. If I could recommend any one "must have" product for iPhone users, it would without a doubt be a GLAS.t screen shield of any type i.e. GLAS.t or .tR or either slim version. The price is not easy to swallow at $27.99 but it is money well spent especially considering their replacement policy which allows $15 replacements if you ruin it on install or in a drop.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

tR slim?

4. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

Thanks for your review. What install method did you use? I suck at installing screen shields. I wish there was a local place that installs third party screen shields. I would gladly pay for such.

5. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

I used a piece of tape on each end to lower it down but even this method had problems as its not exactly centered and it caught some air under it which was a pain to work out. If I try another install, I will try the hinge method.

6. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I have heard several others using the tape method. Thanks.

I may get brave enough soon to give it a try.

7. Daniel212 macrumors member

I currently have the glas.tr on but want a slimmer one. Idk to choose between the glas.t slim or the glas.tr slim. The glas.tr is .5mm thick and the tr slim is .4mm thick. Do you think it's worth getting the glas.tr slim? Like a much difference in .1mm? If not then I might get the glas.t slim and that's .26mm but I like the rounded edges but I take great care of my device, :( uhhhh it's hard to choose

8. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the slim version and I love it!!!!

The install was not as bad as I thought. I did use the tape method.

Just curious, how are most people rocking their iPhone with the glass shield on?
    Case or no case?

9. darster Suspended

I have the Spigen Linear EX Slim Metal bumper with my Glas.tR

10. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Depends which shield you have. The non rounded edge versions recommend using a case because the thin straight edge is prone to chipping. I chipped my first GLAS.t slim. I am using a case now.

11. sim0n macrumors member

my glass.tr is in the post and arriving today, i dont kno which is the best installing method? ive heard things about doing it in the shower and the tape method :confused:

12. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

There really is no best method, just make sure there is not alot of dust around and your screen is clean and lint free. Then lower it down lined up correctly with the speaker and buttons and it should work out fine.

13. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I got the .tR slim version and have the Speck Candyshell on it.
    Also, Spigen included a $7.99 gift card. Pretty cool.