REVIEW: TechArmor EdgeProtect 5/5S (2 Colors)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ihonda, Oct 20, 2013.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

TechArmor has come out with their own edition of the bumper case a lot of people seem to like. I was able to obtain 2 colors, TURQUOISE/GREY and SLATE/WHITE. Of the 2 colors SLATE/WHITE is my favorite because the grey on the other one isnt my idea of grey but thats personal choice.

The case is very sold, light weight, thin and feels good. All of this comes with a downfall or two however. The sleep/wake button on both colors is a little hard to press. I think this is due to the material being used to be so ridge (able to take a fall impact well). After looking inside the case you can see the sleep/wake cutout button to not actually be "cutout" per say but just indented/pressed in so its exactly the same strength as the rest of the rubber-material that absorbs shock. I am not sure if this will eventually break-in over time or not but just a word of caution.

The other issue (which does not affect me personally) is the cut out for the charging cord on the bottom. I am not 100% positive that all 3rd party (belkin, amazon, etc) charging cables will fit. Its a pretty narrow cut. TechArmor makes their own line of cables but I can't speak for theirs either. I know the stock apple ones do fit without a problem.

The other cutouts on the case are point on. No sharp edges, they are almost rounded, there is no flashing on the case anywhere either which is a HUGE selling point to me because a lot of compaines who make cheaper cases tend to lack in quality.

TechArmor really is an unrated company in my eyes. I use there screen protectors which are great. Right up there with SGP and GOS (green onion supply) like I have mentioned before.

Dont hesitate to order a bumper from them because of the low cost, they really are quality products. I've attached some pics of the cases.

I easily give this a 4.5/5 (points docked for sleep/wake)

You can purchase from: http://www.techarmor.com/iphone-5-c...ate-white-edgeprotect-pc-tpu-bumper-case.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I'm a huge fan of TechArmor screen protectors, but I'm not sold on these bumpers. The colors aren't my thing. I wish they had an all black version.

3. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

If the TPU on that white one was black instead of grey, i've be all over it

4. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

they may do that. hit them up on twitter. jeff is great.

5. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

6. stfwayne macrumors regular

Just received my grey on black bumper some thoughts.

Pros:
    - Very solid construction (way more solid than other flimpsy plastic bumpers)
    - Great lay on table design
    - Fits very tightly and doesnt jiggle or move at all

Cons:
    - Sleep / Wake button almost impossibly difficult to press
    - Cutout for Lightning charging port is VERY SMALL

Since the port / cutout for charging is too small to fit any of my chargers except for OEM Apple (doesnt charge with my Belkin / Logitech cables or any of the cheaper cables i bought on Amazon) so I am unfortunately sending my case back.

If this company made the bottom cutout complete open and made the sleep / wake button easier to press this would be the best plastic bumper on the market hands down.

Also if you only use OEM charging cables and dont mind a sleep / wake button thats hard to press buy this case from the company direct but on Amazon they are selling for $7.

7. stfwayne macrumors regular

Love this bumper despite its problems just wish this would get more attention

If everyone on here asked for a bigger charging port cut out and a complete opening for the volume button similar to an iD America case where there is no plastic covering the power button i think the company would be more than happy to make these changes in the next version of this bumper

This bumper destroys every other plastic bumper being offered for $15-$30 dollars and it is only $7 shipped.

The plastic is rugged and hard and not that cheap shiny looking crap on almost every bumper. This is matte, leaves no fingerprints, and offers really solid lay on the table design.

Anyone else try this bumper out and want to leave some comments?

8. fabiovirgi7 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the note.