Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Eve Systems has been offering HomeKit-connected devices since 2015, and the Eve Room, able to measure temperature, humidity, and air quality, is the newest Eve product available for purchase.

The new Eve Room is actually an upgraded version of an original Eve Room that was one of Eve's first product releases back in 2015, but the new version has been overhauled with a redesigned enclosure that's both sleeker and more informative.

everoomside-800x600.jpg

While the original Eve Room was just a little white plastic block, the Eve Room adopts the new aluminum and e-ink design that was first introduced with the Eve Degree, Eve's more affordable temperature and humidity monitor that does not offer air quality monitoring.

everoomevedegree-800x600.jpg
Eve Room (left) next to Eve Degree​

Like the Eve Degree, the Eve Room is palm sized and tiny enough that it's unobtrusive on a shelf, on a table, on a kitchen counter, or on a bedside table. It measures in at 2.1 x 2.1 x 0.6 inches, which is quite a bit smaller than the 3.1 x 3.1 x 1.3 inch measurements of the original Eve Room. Eve Room is an indoor product and should not be used outdoors.

everoominhand-800x600.jpg

The 200x200 e-ink display of the Eve Room displays the current temperature, humidity, and air quality in the room, with air quality pictured as a series of stars from one to five. If you press on the arrows next to the display, you can cycle through several display options that focus on temperature, humidity, or both.

I like the addition of the e-ink screen in the Eve Room because I can check the room conditions at a glance without needing to open up an app or ask Siri, something that was necessary with the previous version of the Eve Room. You do need a little bit of force to change the display output, but it's nice having the option to focus on the parameter most important to you.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: The HomeKit-Connected Eve Room Keeps Track of Temperature, Humidity and Air Quality in Your Home

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
i also bought this one, just because i finally wanted to have a homekit device.
works pretty well so far.

don't have any automation use for it (yet) though.

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2014
I'd like a white one with no display but with a Lightning port and 6 M battery life

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Anyone have experience with the older ones and tracking air quality. I know it can't detect dust/pollen/etc, but wondering if it is extra dusty or lots of pet dander that the VOCs would be higher and it would be able to detect issues with air quality?

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Anyone have experience with the older ones and tracking air quality. I know it can't detect dust/pollen/etc, but wondering if it is extra dusty or lots of pet dander that the VOCs would be higher and it would be able to detect issues with air quality?

VOCs = spilled oil-based paint, thinners, gasoline, etc

Doubt that dust/dander would trigger a VOC warning - and if it did, that would be misleading.

Morris

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2006
London, Europe
Our Tado already tracks temperature and humidity.

Does anybody have any experience with the air quality sensor? To just buy it for that seems a bit much but perhaps someone can convince me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.