Review: Throwboy's Iconic Pillows Let You Decorate With Classic Apple Product Designs

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
www.macrumors.com

Throwboy makes a variety of Apple-themed pillows, including the Iconic Pillow Collection, which started out as a Kickstarter but is now available from the Throwboy website.

There are five pillows in the Iconic Pillow Collection, which have been designed to look like some of the most important products Apple has released over the years, including the Apple II, the original Macintosh, the iMac G3, the iPod, and the iPhone.

All of the pillows are made from a soft plush material with a short pile, though displays and other accents are often made of felt or are embroidered on. The fabric is fuzzy and fun to touch and hold, and the stuffing inside is pliable with just the right amount of plushy give when squeezed.

The pillows are all priced at $39.99, but come in different sizes. The Macs, for example, are a good deal larger in volume than the iPhone and the iPad and take up more space. Given the size differences I'm surprised the pillows all have the same price point, especially because some of the Macs are also more detailed just due to the greater number of components that needed to be replicated.

Throwboy's iPhone pillow is modeled after the original iPhone, which was released in 2007. That iPhone featured a silver body, and so the body of the pillow is made from a silver-gray material. The top and the bottom bezels are constructed from the same plush material in black, while the screen is a slightly different material with a different shade of black to make it stand out.

I think the iPhone pillow would stand out more with icons on the display, but obviously that's a lot more embroidery, so this simpler version works, though it's less visually impressive than some of the others just because of all the black. There's an embroidered Home button, the volume button rocker on the side, power button, a mute switch, speaker and microphone, and a round camera cutout at the back.

It's faithful to the design of the original iPhone and it's going to be recognizable as an iPhone. The iPhone is the smallest of all the pillows (13 x 7 x 3 inches), so if you're aiming for an Apple pillow that doesn't take up a lot of space, this is the one to get.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Throwboy's Iconic Pillows Let You Decorate With Classic Apple Product Designs

trusso

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2003
Thats an ugly couch...
To each his (or her) own. It's not that ugly. If it happens to work with the rest of the room, who are we to judge? :p

Besides, that 1984 Macintosh pillow is adorable! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

SBlue1

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
Lol, it's a blanket. I have cats + bad allergies so I keep the couch covered with a quilt that I can wash regularly. I'm pretty into it though, since I like bright colors.
:) The colors fit the rest of your place indeed. But those strange shapes look, well, ugly. Sorry. But hey if the cats like it. :)

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
By the way, these pillows are ugly and really expensive.