Review: Xistwear's Stretchy Bands Look Great With the Stainless Steel Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Guides, How Tos and Reviews' started by MacRumors, Sep 30, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Six months after the Apple Watch launched, there are dozens if not hundreds of different third-party band options on the market, allowing users to customize their watches with looks beyond what Apple offers. Xistwear has created a line of stretchy stainless steel Apple Watch bands in a range of colors that look great with the Apple Watch and can be purchased for less than Apple's own metal bands, plus it offers matching bracelets.

[​IMG]

The Xistwear Apple Watch has a neutral look that's neither overly feminine or overly masculine, making it suitable for all wearers. Aesthetically, this is a simple but classic-looking link-style band that is understated enough to match well with a range of different outfits. All of the bands are stainless steel, but some have a colored plating. The following color options are available:

38mm - Black, Rose Gold, Silver, Yellow Gold

42mm - Gunmetal, Navy, Silver, Yellow Gold

Bands for the 42mm Apple Watch are 24mm wide, while bands designed for the smaller 38mm Apple Watch are 22mm wide. The 42mm bands are available in Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large, able to fit wrists from 146mm to 210mm.

[​IMG]

38mm bands are available in Extra Small, Small, Medium, and Large, to fit wrists from 130mm to 190mm. I have a wrist that's about 135mm, so I ordered the extra small, and it fits very well. All of the bands are actually elastic stretch bands, allowing them some wiggle room to fit on different-sized wrists. My band is snug on my wrist, but slips on easily and stretches if my wrist swells slightly during the day due to heat or exercise.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Xistwear's Stretchy Bands Look Great With the Stainless Steel Apple Watch

2. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

3. wlossw macrumors 65816

wlossw

cons: Pinches hair and skin? Lol no thanks.

4. KindredMAC macrumors 6502a

KindredMAC

Absolutely HATE this styles of bands. The arm hair ripper-putter is what I have called them since puberty.

5. modemthug macrumors regular

6. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

I had one of these stretchy bands for a short time in my teens. I couldn't stand all of the hair it pulled out. For me, the milanese loop is the perfect watch band. It's easily adjustable, the magnetic latch stays put for the most part, it looks good with anything, and never pulls my hair. Even old link bands on my previous watches would sometimes pull my hair. If I ever do any work outside or go swimming I just put on the sport band and a cheap clear bumper case.

7. Nozuka macrumors 68020

8. Mac 128 macrumors 603

Mac 128

not a fan of the two-toned look. And unfortunately the way that Apple designed the band connector, any of the link-looking bands look odd connected via the lug bars. Bands like this need to be integrated into the case design like Apple's own link band. And stretch bands alms always pull hair. I didn't even realize they made them any more.

9. WowAppleWow macrumors member

WowAppleWow

I think it looks good but I'd prefer the Apple band. I can't bring myself to drop $450 on a band though.

10. craig1410 macrumors 65816

craig1410

The finish on the metal looks terrible not to mention the arm hair ripping design. It's when you see horrible designs like this that you realise Apple bands really aren't such bad value after all!

11. Quu macrumors 68030

Quu

12. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

13. J.Dillinger macrumors member

14. SeaFox macrumors 68030

SeaFox

I was curious about the navy color. I wasn't impressed. Looks almost faded. A rich, glossy enamel would have been better.

15. bekiil macrumors regular

bekiil

Steel is too cold. Titanium feels warmer (true, try both and feel the difference)

16. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

17. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

Casio called. They want their band and time machine back. Blech.

18. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1