Review: ZENS Dual Wireless Powerbank Supports Qi Charging On the Go, but Low Battery Capacity Limits Usefulness

Discussion in 'Guides, How Tos and Reviews' started by MacRumors, Jan 24, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Last fall I had the chance to take a look at ZENS' all-new Dual + Watch Wireless Charger, which offers spots to charge two Qi-enabled smartphones and one perch for the Apple Watch. I came away quite liking the accessory, which should be a great charging hub for anyone in a two-person household, and now the company has launched a companion accessory called the ZENS Dual Wireless Powerbank.

[​IMG]

This device is a portable battery pack that itself includes two spots for wirelessly charging an iPhone 8 or later (or any Qi smartphone), similar to the design of the Dual + Watch stand. The Powerbank has a 9,000 mAh battery, two USB-A ports, and one USB-C charging port on the rear (USB-C to Lightning fast charging is not supported). The device itself also supports wireless charging, so you can place it on the Dual + Watch stand without needing to mess with wires to fuel up the Powerbank more easily.

Design

ZENS mirrored the design of the Dual + Watch Stand for its new Powerbank, and both accessories have a nice rubberized texture on the mat where you place your iPhone. Instead of aluminum on the sides like the stand, the Powerbank has a plastic enclosure that still has a nice heft to it.

[​IMG]

Just like the stand, I really like the simple design of the Powerbank. Black isn't usually a color I opt to use in stands as big as the ZENS Dual + Watch, but I've been using it since I reviewed it last October, and the only downside I've come across in the past few months is that it is definitely a dust and fingerprint magnet.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: ZENS Dual Wireless Powerbank Supports Qi Charging On the Go, but Low Battery Capacity Limits Usefulness

2. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I’ve been looking for a decent new battery bank with Qi charging on amazon. There are a ton that have an insane amount of fake reviews. I’d like something with at least a 9,000 mah battery (20k would be great), and quick charge ability. Solar would be a bonus (I have 2 older banks with solar that are nice for keeping it somewhat charged when not in use). Will keep an eye out for this one.

3. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Interesting product. I wonder what the life expectancy of the batteries are with the heat generated by the wireless charging?

4. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I understand that the convenience factor makes wireless charging appealing for many...in a stationary situation with a pad or stand situated on a nightstand or desk where it's easy to grab and go.

But a portable powerbank?

Powerbanks already sacrifice at least 20% of the battery's energy due to conversion losses (and that's on the better end).

Then add another 20% (again, on the good end) for the inductive charging part.

Not sure what the appeal is there.