Reviews of 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lionheartednyhc, Apr 17, 2010.

1. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I have seen reviews of the 15" on a bunch of sites, but can't seem to find one on the new 13". Has anyone seen any they can point me in the direction of?

Thanks

2. Danielclark macrumors newbie

That review is really bad when it comes to performance charts and such.

I have been looking for a 13" review since it came out but i have only found the one you are pointing out.

For the OP: this dude taped him unboxing it and running geekbench.. So far, thats all i have been able to find about the 13".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz2y1N6vcrw (part 1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUd1T3ENiM&feature=channel (Part 2)

3. roxygal9 macrumors regular

Does anyone have the 2.66 13 mbp? I really want to see if its worth the extra 300? Can someone please advise or post some results?

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

i can almost guarantee you won't feel the difference between 2.4 and 2.66.

5. roxygal9 macrumors regular

Okay im stuck between 2.4 w/ 256 ssd or 2.66 w/ 128 ssd (mayb 256 ssd).

ive only seen some benchmarks from primate lab, and those show almost 400 points better in overall performance. Is that not alot? Also would the 2.66 potentially drain more battery than the 2.4?

Thanks for your advice much appreciated and will help me narrow down to right machine!

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Well, I'll just tell you now that I'm no expert in this area, so take my advice with a pinch of salt. The 13" 2.4 and 2.66 have the same Core 2 Duo architecture. The 2.4 i5 will be a big boost (up to about 20%, I believe, depending on the task), but you're not considering that. Basically, there will be little to no difference in the C2D's (the 13" models).

Personally, I think you'll be better off with the base model and a bigger SSD, but it all really depends on your needs. If you do lots of processor-intensive stuff, but don't store much, get the 2.66. If you just browse the web, iTunes, Youtube, etc., get the cheaper one. If you don't store too much, save money and just get the 128 SSD with the 2.4 13".

7. Fame Monster macrumors newbie

That dim lighting and those red satin sheets creeped me out.

8. Danielclark macrumors newbie

Scary stuff.
    Anyways.. If anyone sees some form of review or anything more than we already know, please post it. (battery life, real world GFX performance etc)

9. roxygal9 macrumors regular

Hellishness u are awesome! Thanks for the input! Yes I will do alot of storing (attending law school soon), and i dont think ill do to much processor intensive stuff (ie a little web page development, photoshop, maybe flash editing). But all that would be for fun. ONly thing Im thinking is that Id like this machine to last me a few years. However, someone posted in another thread, that you shouldn't buy the fastest processor necessarily for resale value, because instead you can use that 300-500 dollars (depending on arrandale vs. core 2 duo) towards another machine.

What do you think about that? Personally I am interested in what new MBA they may come out with and maybe get one of those too. I think ur right though, 2.4 and will save me 300.

I wish i could entertain the i5 but a 15 inch computer is to big to lug around, im not the big in the first place lol!

Thanks again for the input. :D

10. Danielclark macrumors newbie

Still no reviews out there?

Anyone who has got the new 13", can you please try to run some games on it to see the real world performance of the 320m?

11. Agnel macrumors member