Reviews on batt life iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, Sep 16, 2014.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Of the 5+ reviews two reviews I read engadget and another one said the 6 had worse battery life the 5S and both those said they used the video playback test max brightness. The other reviews while not measured like a playback test all said they got better battery life.

Interesting maybe the video playback or brightness drains more on the 6.

2. justin216 macrumors 6502

justin216

Larger, more power hungry screen, so it would make sense in that scenario. Turning down brightness slightly would probably offset or yield a net gain if all you were doing was video playback until it died.

3. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

This is why I don't care about battery tests (even if they're good).

I will NEVER watch a movie on max brightness and especially on an iPhone.

4. N e e k macrumors 6502

5. mark824 macrumors member

Engdaget said they used different testing methods than the iPhone 5s so the test is not valid for a comparison.

Here is what the Verge said:

The iPhone 6’s battery is one of the primary beneficiaries of both this relentless tweaking — and the addition of some new hardware real estate. The phone can easily last me a day and a half, from one morning to the next afternoon, no matter how much I use it. I still charge it almost every night, but at least I’m not forced to baby the battery just to get it through dinner anymore.

6. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

If the definition of forever is more than a day, (like the verge says about the iPhone 6) then that is soo cool! None of my android last for more than 1.
    If the plus lasts close to 2, then thats pretty insignificant compared to a day and an afternoon.

+1 for maybe getting the 6!

7. jason4427 macrumors member

iOS 8 may also need some updates as well. I've read on the iOS 8 board reports of reduced battery anyway.

8. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

Seems like anything pushing pixels around like video and games are gonna be a huge drain like the 5S

----------

Everything else other that seems improved