Reviews on the Wireless MM...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kculloton, May 25, 2007.

1. kculloton macrumors member

Hey.

I have a logitech g5 gaming mouse, and without hesitation I can say it is the most accurate mouse I have ever used. However, I want to get a wireless mighty mouse due to its bluetooth.
    I hear that people either love it, or they despise it. What do you think I should do? Buy it or shove it out of my mind?

Thanks.

2. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

I have one, and there is one big issue that I see people having with it all over this board (and I am currently having it now as well). The scrolling ball stops working often as stuff builds up inside which inhibits it from working properly. If you have a mouse that you are already happy with I would suggest sticking with it, although the asthetics of the mighty mouse are quite nice.

Edit: ironically enough look at the post below this, dealing with mighty mouse and scrolling issues haha.

3. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

I use 2 'mice'.

The first one is the Razer Copperhead, arguably the most accurate and 'best' mouse u can buy with 2000DPI Lase etc etc.

Second, Apple MM, Bluetooth version.

I will do a quick comparison:

Speed: The Razer wins hands down. It is accurate and and very fast with 'on the fly' configuration of sensistivity. (This is on a PC). The MM is not bad either but if u compare it side by side, then its Razer who win.

Scorlling: MM wins. The scrolling ball is just ingenious. Especially with wider or longer pages either in safari or word, the ability to scroll diagnolly for example really makes reading academic journals for example very easy.

The advantage with the bluetooth is that it doesnt take up a USB slot like many others because it doesnt need recievers as such and that is a huge pull for me. Also u can run it with 1 battery, meaning u can adjust weighting as well.

If I was a gamer, I will use the Razer. For 99% of the other stuff, I use my MM.

Its a great mouse but make sure you know your needs well.

4. justG macrumors member

justG

The best thing to do is to try it yourself and decide. Mousing comfort is really important if you use your computer for any length of time, and very subjective. For me, the scroll ball was the only good thing about the MM. Functionality-wise and "feel"-wise, it's the worst mouse I've ever used. I paired it to install OS X, disconnected it and chucked it back in the box.