revision?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aznmochamike, Jun 4, 2008.

1. aznmochamike macrumors newbie

hi everyone... i am a student who wanted to buy the macbook... there is a promotion going on right now with the mac plus an ipod with a rebate but what is this thing about a revision on the macbook... could someone direct me to where i can read more about it or tell me about it?... is it going to be a big change and is the ipod deal still going to be on when this revision comes out?... thanks for the info everyone

2. aznmochamike thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry im still a bit lost... where in the apple store does it talk about the revision?

3. Konvert macrumors newbie

Konvert

There isn't anything on the apple website about it since its only a rumour. Check the macrumors website instead. Its very likely that the deal for an iPod with the mac will include the updated version.

As for major changes, probably incorporation of multi-touch trackpad, faster processor, and a new look for the casing. The rumour is that it will be Aluminium w/ stainless steel like the current MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

My apologies. I thought that you wanted more info on the promo.

The Montevina MacBook/Pros shouldn't be out before July 14 based on the idea that the platform is delayed.

5. aznmochamike thread starter macrumors newbie

the multi touch is a nice feature... so what u are saying is that if i do buy it now... it should have the revision model?... also do you know what WWDC is?... i c it around a lot... btw... im totally new to macs

ooo... nevermind... i found what that meant... thanks for all your help... ill be searching on rumors for news of a new macbook if they have one now...

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Don't buy now. You won't get multi-touch, aluminum, or anything else that the Waiters complain about.

If you don't care, buy now.

WWDC is the Worldwide Developer Conference that Apple holds every year. It's big. Like... if you were an ant and WWDC was anything else, it would be the size of VY Canis Majoris.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

the apple store would have no information about a new revision, that would make absolutely no business sense. Then nobody would buy the current one.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well students who want the free iPod certainly will!

9. illidian macrumors 6502

Apple has gotten their hands on Intel's technology faster than other manufacturers, however, in the past. I'm not so quick to dismiss updates (especially to the MBP, since what's "holding up" Montevina doesn't affect it in the slightest) before then, but I'm not completely ruling it out either. I think that a new MBP in June followed by a new MB in July is plausible (but could very well not happen as well).

10. aznmochamike thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess i should hold up and wait for a while... does anyone know about how long i should wait?... maybe end of july? to get the revision one with this deal... if there will be one...

11. Konvert macrumors newbie

Konvert

The deal doesn't end until september 15th. I would just wait until early september, if there hasn't been a revision then you might as well buy it and not feel bad that you missed out on a great deal.

12. aznmochamike thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds good... thanks for the tips everyone...