Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
So I have a Logitech VX Revolution mouse. Best mouse ever, had it since 2006. Three years old, still going strong, still couldn't find a mouse that's better.

But there's one small problem: I can't use all of it's features with OS X's generic mouse driver. Not a huge deal obviously, as I've lived with that the past three years.

Nonetheless, I have this tendency to download the LCC every once in a long while, to see how they've progressed. It has always brought me pain. Maybe I'm looking for punishment. But either way, I went and checked the Logitech site, and saw that 3.1 was released, bringing with it Snow Leopard and 64-bit compatibility. So I went and downloaded it and wondered what pain would come this time. Previously, it would cause Expose to stop working entirely, cause the Spotlight window (that was back in Tiger) to appear randomly, even when there's nothing assigned to search or any such in the LCC settings, caused a program (I couldn't remember what it is at the moment) to unexpectedly quit at launch every time, and other such signs of truly craptastic coding. It improved after Logitech *finally* ditched Application Enhancer, but still.

Well, it's been two days now with LCC 3.1, and I'm thoroughly shocked to say, I've had no problems since. Assigned all sorts of functions to my mouse buttons and all works, no programs has wiggled out on me yet, no weird slowdowns or issues. It's all pretty much normal. In fact the only problem I have is the tracking speed and the scrolling speed/acceleration - I like OS X's default behavior, can anyone give me the settings for LCC to make it behave similar?

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to say, you might want to give LCC another shot. It's actually an okay app now. And it's free :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.