Revist an old problem: DTS on any Apple Product

Discussion in 'iPad' started by traderx1, Apr 12, 2010.

1. traderx1 macrumors member

Now that iPad is out and it supports 720p, more and more people are going to convert their own movies to iPad/AppleTV format (which essentially are the same).

For those converting mkv or any hi-def source, what are you doing for the audio track. Most movies in mkv format (from a hi-def source) has a DTS soundtrack. Video conversion has not been a problem, since handbrake is excellent for those files...but audio, specifically DTS, is a huge problem and always been one.

Anyone know a workaround on a Mac computer to get these DTS audio tracks to AC3?

2. Mpalmieri1203 macrumors member

Don't download illegal mkvs and you should be set!

3. illutionz macrumors 65816

I use AIR Video to stream my MKVs... Not the best quality but I'm not wasting the remaining 6GB for 2 hrs movies :eek:

lol you're too funny... mkv for the win :)

4. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

Are you suggesting people should pay for their digital content sir? How dare you suggest something so foolish! These people have long ago convinced themselves that they have a right to steal anything they want as long as they do it over the internet!

5. illutionz macrumors 65816

You can steal anything physically too.... just make sure you're not caught :rolleyes: