Reviving my iBrick from the dead

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by makotako13, May 24, 2012.

1. makotako13 macrumors newbie

I am the proud owner of a iBrick 4 CDMA which has recently decided to **** more bricks. If you can fix any of the issues below I will erect golden statues in your honour. If you can fix them all I owe you my firstborn and a kidney. If you can fix any of them consider yourself the Jesusclaus of iPhones.

1. iPhone will not charge/be recognized in iTunes or on laptop. Old school 30G video confirmed working and problem reduced to either iPhone or laptop. Swabbed data port with rubbing alcohol and q-tip. Restarted both. Tweaked MobileDevice etc. Screwed with programs. Re-installed mobile. Re installed itunes. Safe mode also didn't work. Restarted iPhone. Considering update/restore if nothing else works.

2. Wireless sync doesn't work. Or iMessage. Or facetime. I have a shitbricks ton of cydia things installed and I could list them all if it would help. Messages tab is missing in settings. Restore didn't fix iMessage or Facetime. My phone likes to be a dick. It's like a drunk guy without a sense of morality.

If nothing else feel free to make humorous jokes about how much my phone is going to die alone and sad.

----------

I've got 99 problems and an included warranty isn't one. On 5.0.1 untethered, redsn0w x.x.x.b6 or something. And i'm fairly tech savvy, so any suggestions welcome. I would hit my laptop with a raw fish if you think it would help.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Can't offer any help, but your upbeat attitude is a welcome change from the usual omg help me now posts.

3. Jedii macrumors regular

Have you tried to boot dfu? Also, if the device is recognised this suggests it's not a dead board?

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Try using a different computer. But first, have your iPhone boot into safe mode via Mobile Substrate(Thank you, Saurik!). That'll disable most of the tweaks that you have installed that might be interfering with what you are doing. If your iBrick is finally recognized by whatever computer you use(Also try using a different USB to Dock Connector if you can), then take the steps to get it into DFU and restore to factory settings and the latest iOS version(5.1.1 for now). No backups. Nothing. Completely from scratch.

That should fix your 99 problems, unless of course they are hardware-related.