Revolutionary new app rumour thoughts and opinions.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by remain-annon, Apr 11, 2012.

1. remain-annon, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012

remain-annon macrumors newbie

Hello all!

I have been prompted to post a thread on this site after a very reliable acquaintance told me about a new app currently under construction.

The new app (already patented) is aimed at using photo location recognition technologies to compliment the trend in "bargain buying". The concept is to apparently allow users of the app to photograph and image of a shop, high street, mall, etc with that image then being processed to feedback to the user local retail bargains, sales, special offers etc!!!!!!

Initially I though this was an interesting concept, however I have begun to question the actual usability of the product. i.e Would people really use it? I'm not too sure!

Any thoughts would be sincerely appreciated as I am new to the site!!!!

Regards
    R-A:confused:

Please note I am not a developer or salesperson!!!!!!

2. psonice macrumors 6502a

Sounds like:

a. BS. You photograph some shop, it analyses it, somehow recognises it and determines your location. When it could simply ask your phone for your location, saving you and them plenty of time and messing about. Either it's BS, or the developers are utterly incompetent - either way, it's an app to avoid ;)

b. There are a whole truck load of apps that find local deals based on your location already. The only thing you'd mentioned about this one that makes it stand out is that it's incompetently developed :D