Rewards Cards in Apple Pay

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thatsmyfish, Sep 29, 2015.

1. thatsmyfish macrumors regular

I'm probably misremembering, but I thought there was a feature to add rewards cards (Starbucks, etc) directly to Apple Pay so they could be accessed by double clicking the lower button? Is that not possible in 2.0 or do I still have to pull up Wallet directly?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You still have to open Wallet. The double click will only open your payment cards.
    Your phone however will now let you double click the home button when the screen is locked and will show rewards and payment cards so maybe we will see a change in the future on the watch.

3. thatsmyfish thread starter macrumors regular

That must be what I heard re: ios9 and I mistook it for 2.0. Thanks!

4. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

have my starbucks card in he wallet. however my other store type cards are all in their apps cuz I haven't' figured out how to put them in the wallet (I think they aren't supported I.e. plenti, )

5. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Apple hasn't announced anyone going live with this yet as far as I'm aware. Over at apple.com/apple-pay it still says it's coming soon. My understanding here is that iOS 9 and watchOS 2 were required for this, but the partners need to enable support as well. Also, I find this statement interesting:
    So it sounds like the reward card info will be sent along with your payment info. No need to pull up the reward card in Apple Pay, if it's in your wallet the phone/watch will know to use it automatically.