RGB Split in Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by asuperpower, Sep 18, 2010.

1. asuperpower macrumors newbie

asuperpower

I am making a movie, and I want to make a RGB split on Final Cut Express. Is there any way I can make a RGB split? Is there a plugin or application that can help me? I've searched forums, YouTube and Google endlessly and still can't find out how to do it. I'm sure it can be done, as it can be done on Vegas After effects etc... :apple:

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

I'm not sure what the "right thing" to do is, but Depending on what you want to do with it, it's pretty easy to roll your own with
    Effects->Video Filters->Channel->Channel Offset.

Add this filter 3 times and correspondingly change the channel to R G B
    Then set the motion of the channels using the keyframes.

You could also use a different approach of duplicating the sequence 3 times and then laying them down as V1,V2, V3 and filtering out the corresponding colors. Then you can use the regular motion keyframes to physically move the tracks. You'll have to zoom the video a bit so you don't see the bleed over the edges of the frame as well.

There might be a plugin though!

3. asuperpower thread starter macrumors newbie

asuperpower

Thankyou!

Thankyou SO MUCH!! :) That has solved it perfectly :)

4. asuperpower thread starter macrumors newbie

asuperpower

Thanks so much for the help! Also, do you know of a good plugin for Final Cut Express? (Preferably under $150) I've heard of Boris Continum Complete, but thats like $1000-and I don't want to spend that much on for a lens flare plugin-if I can't find any other options, I might have to get After Effects for Mac and Video Copilot Optical flares 2. :apple: