rich

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by professional445, Aug 18, 2015.

1. professional445 macrumors member

how do you afford upgrade iphone every year $700+ a year

on poll 65% of people upgrade iphone 6 for 6S

2. chabig macrumors 68040

It doesn't cost $700 a year. Let's say you pay $700 for a new phone. Sell the old phone for $400-$500. Net cost is $200-$300 or about $1/day.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

And thats assuming people bought it outright. When AT&T had early upgrades, it was only $450-650 depending on model. I would upgrade early for $550 (middle unit) and sell my old unit for about $400, costing me only $150 a year.

4. Applejuiced, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Some people can afford and willing to spend more than others.
    Its a personal decision and obviously not everyone's financials are the same.
    In other words it shouldn't matter if others can afford it or how, it should only matter if you can and if you're willing to spend the money towards it.
    Just because my neighbor can afford a brand new Mercedes it doesn't mean I have to go out and buy one too.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

People ultimately justify spending money however they want. I have a co-worker who can't fathom that I spend what I do on coffee. I can't imagine why he "wastes" so much money on comics & action figures. Neither one of us can figure out why our other co-worker "blows" all her paycheck on Genesis Pure and no one can figure out why the new guy buys so much Ham radio "junk."