Richard Gardner ??????????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbcollins93, Sep 15, 2008.

1. mbcollins93 macrumors member

mbcollins93

How trustworthy is this Richard Gardner guy. I mean he did predict iphone 3G didn't he. What he stated sounds logical but it is kind of steep. His description describes all of the other reports but it just isn't apples style to release something 2 or 3 weeks after the keynote. totally unannounced. just wondering because i want to buy a macbook pro this November whether apple has placed the new ones on the market or not.

cheers

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There was no keynote: there was a special media event for iPods. Apple are very likely to have another special media event for Macs in October.

3. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

apples website is calling it a keynote.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Well, OK, whatever. Keynote implies that it's the start of a conference or whatever, but anyways I'd be expecting a similar event for Macs soon...

5. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

great!!!!! before this thread and before this richard gardner guy made his statement i thought all hope wias lost. thanks

6. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

anybody else have anything to say on this matter? just wondering. I like to have a lot of opinions.:) I am a true user of second opinions,:)

7. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

question-Are the rumors of new apple products (ie. macbooks and macbook pro) as abundant as say after the apple convention in january, or last year at this time, right after a quarter because if so than everyone is just trying to make something happen that is'nt going to. Because to me there is a lot of rumors, but i have just started to listen to the rumors more intently. So i don't really know y'all tell me.

8. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

also looking this link, i see only one problem. Blueray. I hay have aboslutly no hope for a bluray macbook pro. so if any of ya'll think that you are getting bluray with your brand new shiney macbook pro you are wrong. it will
    a. decrease the operation time of the battery
    b. make the computer to expensive (which apple has already stated that all products will stay the same or go down in price (I know that's not exactly what they said but it works for this thread.)

9. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes, and they were right. About 2-3 weeks after MWSF, new MacBooks were released, followed by basically the whole lineup, sans mini.

TEG

10. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

so its not like people want new macbooks soo bad that they are trying to "force" something to happen. i don't like "rumors". they can be started and let everyone down. so basically i was just wondering how accurate apple rumors were. thanks teg you answered my question.

11. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

anybody have anything else they would like to comment on for this thread?

12. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

[​IMG]

:D

13. Betelgeuse macrumors member

No one knows. And you're not going to get many independent points of view, since everyone is "polluted" by reading the same rumors over and over again. :)

So, you could get more comments, but they'd just be speculation based on the scant rumors that we've all read.