Rick Deckard=iPhone 4 and he retires Nexus androids

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by koopa35, Jun 18, 2010.

1. koopa35 macrumors 6502

just making a thread bcuz im bored at the moment. with all these iPhone killers I been hearing about evo, droid, droid x and any other device. I fell iPhone 4 is Rick Deckard and hes coming to retire my "NEXUS" one on thursday. when you look at it iOS 4 is almost perfect its polished pretty good. I think for me a better notification system and a lil more openness for backgrounds apps. (mainly id like to rss apps auto update) I think the os would be perfect. what will make iOS perfect for u guys here?

a bit on my background

i hated iphone in 07 i was loyal to palm treos but had a mac.

got hyped up on the instinct bcuz i still hated the iphone 3g and it all changed fell in love with it.

got the 3gs

then got tired of the ui look and jumped to android. worst mistake i ever made with buying technology 4 android devices and 8 months. its time to go back to the iPhone where i fell is best for me and where i belong.

2. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

I sold my Nexus One the day Apple unveiled the iPhone 4. But only because i love new tech :). Ill miss my Nexus thats for sure, but im stoked about the iPhone 4.

3. coolbreeze07 macrumors newbie

coolbreeze07

Sounds like me, I had an incredible though. It was a badass phone too, but verizon pooped on me with their customer service and I left them. That incredible got me 500 bones on craigslist tho, so im not mad at it :)

4. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

My original plan was to sell my Nexus One the moment I got my iPhone 4, however after using for the past 3 months I have decided to keep it with my iPhone 4. I've grown to fond of the complete openness of Android and the ability to flash roms.

That being said since I gave up my iPhone in place of my Nexus I miss the overall fluidness of iOS. It's so much more streamlined than Android.

All in all I feel that both OS'es and phones are incredible and I couldn't see giving up either of them for good.

5. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Yea i miss it dearly. As a matter of fact ive been looking for one on craigslist. Yea, excellent phone.

6. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

Yep...I did the temporary android phase as well. Had the 3G and 3GS and wanted to see what android was all about.

I got the nexus for tmobile and then when it came out for AT&T a week later..I sold the tmobile one and got an AT&T one. I used it for a few months, but after going crazy trying to read it outside, along with the need for many more steps to find simple settings.. I started to miss my 3gs.

I went back to the(jailbroken..always) 3GS..that was about a month and a half ago. I still have the nexus one, but just threw it up on craigslist because it's been gathering dust on my table. I have an iPhone 4 reserved for the 24th..ios is a MUCH better os than android currently, and the new iPhone is quite a device. Can't wait till the jailbreak is available..will be the perfect device.
    Maybe in a few years Ill try android again..

7. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

It's really nice to see someone that has used both phones and sees the pros and cons in both. I'm still willing to bet that if you had to choose who is more ignorant in terms of bashing either camp, that you'd choose Android fans. What do you think? I just feel as though the Android fans only look at specs and don't know what they're missing as far as the smoothness of the OS and the overall experience. When you look at specs alone, you're not getting the whole story. Just my 2 cents.

8. Gigzz macrumors regular

Webos and Android are for people that enjoy making choices. Or that like to tinker. iPhone OS is for people that just want simple. People who want to be forced to do things one way. But anyone that calls any of the three perfect is a fool. They all have incredibly huge issues. I much prefer the openness of Android. Nope, I dont trust Steve Jobs to decide for me what I do and don't want to see or hear. But I'm stuck with AT&T and I'm stuck with a bunch of DRM music and movies, so I'll stick with an inferior Os but some superior ( I hope) hardware. If jail breaking allowed me to run Android on the iphone 4, id do it in a heartbeat.

9. Gigzz macrumors regular

Actually you're wrong. Go to the Android forums and you'll see they're well aware of everything the iphone does. The iphone OS is a joke to them. Yes, its simple and easy, but it offers them no choices. That's antithetical to what they believe in. No, on their forums you hardly ever see the iPhone mentioned. Its either Android, Mobile 7, or Webos (the best phone OS). So whereas the fanboys here have a complex about Android, the fanboys there rarely even mention the iPhone, let alone mock it. It's like people here can't enjoy the iPhone unless it also means slamming another product. It's sad and pathetic to be honest.

10. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

LOL. I did the same thing. I was pissed that a week after I bought the Nexus One that the ATT 3G version came out.

Yeah I see where you're coming from, I think that fanbois from either side of the fence miss the point and become to focused on one issue and blatantly disregard the other side because they're so blindingly devoted to their respective OS.

You made some excellent points. Each OS has it's share of blatant problems. The openness of Android, although it's biggest strength, is also it's greatest weakness, creating fragmentation. iOS's greatest feature, the App Store, is also it's Achille's heal since it's governed completely by Apple. Each OS is targeted for certain people and those people with use those phones.

11. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

This is exactly the ignorance im talking about. I'm perfectly capable of using an Android based phone with ease. I used to sell them through T-Mobile. Just because I don't want to deal with the cluttered OS on a daily basis, doesn't mean iPhone users need a "simple" interface. I guess that when everything works as it's supposed to, its deemed "simple." People call Mac OSX simple, and Mac users are too "stupid" to handle Windows as if it takes a degree to run that POS OS. I'm just sick to death with Android users convincing themselves that they are the tech elite because they prefer an "open OS."

12. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Yeah, that's just not true at all.

13. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Well...

Also, OP, you realize that Deckard was a replicant too?

14. aequitas1234 macrumors member

I agree with this completely. I've never had an iPhone but when I see iPhones that belong to my friends, it's pretty neat that everything has to be in certain spots and whatnot. With my Nexus, there is just too much customization. EVERYTHING can be moved or changed or whatever. I'm moving to the iPhone 4 so I don't have to worry about things like that.

Clearly you're being a little facetious though. I'm not. I don't care for Steve Jobs, but I would like a phone that is a little simpler where every app is designed to work with one phone versus an app store of apps designed for every version of Android and every phone that has Android.

I will miss the unlimited data and awesome Google apps like the free turn-by-turn navigation and skymaps.

15. Gigzz macrumors regular

I hate not having all my wonderful Google apps, and I hate that Evo owners get two great free turn by turn options and we get none. Mostly I hate being tethered to iTunes, but its the price I pay for all that DRM music and tv I bought. But like I said, each OS has incredibly high highs and some really unfortunate lows. The competition benefits us all.

16. Gigzz macrumors regular

I'm not actually concerned with what you hope and pray is true or not. I know many people here wish that they sat around on Android forums wishing their OS was more like Apples, but they don't. In most cases, if theres any OS envy going on, its over Webos.

17. Ars Diaboli macrumors member

I didn't know that and Blade Runner is one of my favorites. How/when did this happen. I didn't know from the movie. Was is the dream sequence?

18. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Been using my Nexus One as a GPS unit with Google maps and as a wireless hotspot thanks to FroYo this weekend with my iPod touch.

I would be lost without both devices this weekend!

Enjoy your time bak with the iPhone regardless. :)