Ridding my Mac of a Trial Solitaire Program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BrooksNanna, Jan 31, 2011.

1. BrooksNanna macrumors newbie

Recently I have experienced a popup from a "Pretty Good Solitaire" trial software offer on my Mac. Their icon loaded on my dock and I cannot seem to get rid of it and I am afraid to toggle the "purchase" option for fear of opening another can of worms. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

if you installed the app by dragging it into your applications folder, try launching activity monitor (in applications > utilities) and check for any processes in connection with the app. quit any you find, then drag the app from applications to the trash and restart your Mac.

you could also get e.g. CleanApp.

if the app was installed by way of an installer, there are various options. the installer could include an uninstall option, so you would launch the installer app again and look for a button uninstall. or, the installer could have put an uninstaller app into the folder it created inside your applications folder.

if none of the above, check the developers website for a downloadable uninstaller tool.