Riddle me this

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imanidiot, Sep 17, 2011.

1. imanidiot Suspended

I'm sure this will sound like a dumb question, but I just copied a YouTube video to my hard drive, using QuickTime X, something it seemed one is not supposed to be able to do without QuickTime 7 Pro. ? What's the deal?

2. simsaladimbamba

I know this is an old thread, but how did you use QT X to copy a YouTube video to your HDD?
    Btw, QT X is a whole new application and doesn't share a lot with its predecessor QT Player/Pro 7. Apple included some of QT Pro's features into QT X, but also left many good things out, like JKL control and some other stuff.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i second sim's question, and well am going to quote you so it shows up in your notification area :)

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Yea, how did you do that? I would assume firing up QT Player and selecting New Screen Recording... seems to work well.

5. simsaladimbamba

Ah, didn't think of that, though the CPU would be quite taxed during this method, as QT X is very CPU hogging during screen recordings, and YT is CPU intensive too (as you know).

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

You're right, the CPU will indeed be performing at a high rate and this method is somewhat time consuming as one will be unable to use their computer for anything but YT (until the screen recording finishes) and the screen recording will take the length of the YT video (as it cannot process the recording any faster).