Riddle Me This?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vikingjunior, Apr 28, 2015.

1. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

First day with my watch and all seem to be working fine until I asked Siri to navigate me home the app and directions came up and then bam the watch went black and became non-responsive. The battery was at 60% when this occurred and no matter what I did I couldn't get the watch to respond. So on my home I was cursing Apple up and down I was one of those that got up at 3am and still didn't get my watch launch day but anyway I was pissed. I had visions of selling all my Apple products and going back to Android and Windows. So I get home and I put the watch on the charger and the Apple logo appears then my watch face appears with 58% battery.
    So why did the watch turn off and why or how do you turn it back on if that happens again?

2. Sphyrna macrumors regular

No clue why it turned off. But you can use the side button (below the digital crown) to turn it on. You can also hold both the digital crown button in and the side button in at the same time for 10 seconds to do a reset (reboot).

3. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Maps is slow for me. I've tried it several times and it takes forever for the start button to become clickable.

I really just wanted to see it work so I told Siri to "Take me home" which I've done tons of times from my work, and it brought up a new route Ive never seen before.

4. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I spent the whole night on the phone with Apple and nothing was accomplished they could not get the watch to boot back up. No buttons were responsive at all. Between this and the imo botched launch its like it wasn't meant to be. I'm really disappointed because even if I get a replacement it will be another week.

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I had this happen to me after a couple of successful attempts. I did a hard reboot and it cleared it up. There is still bugs in some 3rd party apps and native apps that I run across but it is something that will be ironed out quickly I'm sure. for a 1.0 product I am overly impressed, I am actually contemplating returning my sport for a black SS just for the sapphire because I know I will now be wearing this watch everyday. Though, I am telling myself to wait for gen 2 or 3 and then I will spend a little more on a better edition. Anyways I digress, you have 14 days I believe it is to return the watch so give it a few more days to see if you like it after all.

6. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Do you know if I can return it at the Apple Store? It literally will not boot up at all.

7. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

8. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I got it to turn on and quickly did a hard reset and so far so good crosses fingers thanks.

9. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

thought that would clear it up. Sometimes you just have to catch the boot up between the loops it is caught in.

10. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Sorry to report it was dead this morning and would not power up. To think I woke up at 3am for this it didn't last a day well it's getting returned. I could accept this from android but not Apple when your paying a premium price.

11. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

I think you've got a dud. Why not get Apple to give you a warranty replacement? (they should have repair stock in - shouldn't take more than a week or so to get a replacement).

12. DJTJ macrumors regular

So because you pay a premium price you expect to never have anything defective?

I guess Ferrari's never break down either eh?

13. dfine1966 macrumors 6502

Riddle Me This?

Just call Apple and get a warranty replacement. You can ask them for some compensation, like a gift card or a free band for the inconvenience. It can't hurt to ask.

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ecaxtly. No matter how strict the quality control, a few detective units will always slip through. What distinguishes a premium product is that the company stands behind them. A Ferrari that breaks down will quickly get fixed. I buy Bose headphones and speakers because I like the sound, and whenever one of them breaks down, Bose replaces them, no questions asked. Apple is the same. Walk into a store or call Apple Care, and they'll give you a replacement.