Ridiculous resale value! (Not Apple but Android)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techguy15, Jan 4, 2017.

1. techguy15 macrumors member

Like I mentioned in previous post I kept my 5C and posted my Nexus 5X for sale. Finally sold it today and took a huge loss on it! I had it posted for $200 but had to go lower. I'm disappointed that for a year old phone it's lost nearly half its value even in mint condition! I understand all items lose value and I didn't have a high end phone but seriously: it tanked in value. I went on offer up and saw how fast Apple products including the iPad 2 from 2011 were still holding value AND SELLING at $100-150. Apple seriously holds their value! Even 8gb iPhones were marked as sold for at least $100!

I previously had my 5C posted for sale before I decided ultimately to keep it and for a three year old+ phone people were willing to shell out $120 cash immediately. I know of no Android phone that would keep its value like the iPhone does. I'm glad I made the decision to switch to Apple. I'm sticking with them from now on especially with how high the resale value is on these phones.

I know other high end Androids like the Galaxy line keep their value for a little bit but even those start dropping while older iPhones stay at a good price. I guess in the end you do get what you pay for. I used to think iPhones were overpriced but now I'm starting to see that they're worth it.

2. DUIduckSAUCE Suspended

DUIduckSAUCE

There are multiple premium android handsets released per year. Usually out doing the previous in specs. There is only one iPhone released a year. The iPhone stays the latest and greatest for a whole year. Where an android could be yesterday's news after a month.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Keep in mind the original MSRP was $380. That's something worth factoring in. But yeah, in general, Apple products hold value a bit more.

4. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

I won a note 7 earlier this year, and I never got it for obvious reasons, so I was given 2 OnePlus 3s. I sold one of them on swappa. They retail for $399 new. This is how much I got for it: https://swappa.com/listing/YFS857/sale
    Some androids hold their value pretty well.