Ridiculous story... What case do I get now?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SephirothXR, Jun 28, 2009.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

I returned my Incase slider case to bestbuy after it scratched my 3G. I then went to the AT&T store, and I did my research and looked into the iFrogz case. I tried it on, but couldn't put it on my new 3GS, so the employee put it on his 3G, and I liked it. I bought 2, one for my dad, and asked the employee (he has one himself) if he could put it onto my phone since it was so hard with the slots that slide in.

It took him 10 minutes and he gave it to 3 different people and they're using a lot of muscle to put it on, and here I am praying that they don't scratch my phone. They end up breaking one of the iFrogz cases.... It might have been defective, or maybe my 3GS is slightly bigger. I decided to return these cases, and it took them 20 minutes to get their computers working to return it... I ended up getting the Incipio Silicrylic Gel Case (2 for $15 each), but I'm still convinced that I need a Hard case. I really liked the iFrogz case, but couldn't believe how freaking hard it was to put on. If I get the Incase Slider again, is there always a specific material that protects from scratches if you stick it to the hard plastic? Should I try the iFrogz case again? What other cases should I look at?

EDIT: I've decided that I'm going to try the iFrogz cases again. They're going pretty cheap on amazon so hopefully the AT&T store will match the price, if not, I'm going to take a risk and buy 2 of them from Amazon for roughly $27, which is cheaper than the 2 sub-par Incipio Silicrylic cases that I bought for $30. I can't believe I found them this cheap! Hopefully I can get them and have no more worries about the case!

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

is this serious?

the case was hard to put on?

3. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I'm so torn on what case to get. Tried an Incase Slider and didn't care for it. Got an Incipio Feather, love it, but it's not going to give me drop protection. I think I may try an iSkin Solo next.

4. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, and the employee owned it himself, he couldn't get it on, and he used both muscle and slow careful movements.. We actually tried 2 different ones (2 different colors) and he couldn't get it on. When he did, he ripped part of the blue solid off, luckily not taking any of my 3GS's back with it. I've heard that the Incipio Feather is supposed to be really good, but also that it doesn't offer as much protection, but I'm normally very careful with my phone, in the past year, I only dropped my iPhone maybe 2-3 times, on carpet only. I want a case that won't scratch the hell out of the back (little scratches are fine, but not ones where you can feel the scratches with your nail). If this Incipio gel case hits the concrete, will it absorb it and maybe be better than a solid Incase that would push some of the impact into the phone since it's practically right next to the phone (to the point where it's scratched many iPhones).

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

i dont get it :rolleyes:

i tried this case on in the at&t this past week and got the case ON AND OFF without any problems. i actually ordered the orange when i got home. at&t likes to overcharge for cases. $29.99? They are nuts.

the hard case will be better for you..maybe check out an apple store. they have a nice selection of cases :D

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Was it the Clear Ifrogz?

That case almost gave me a heart attacke trying to put it on and take it off my 3GS.

7. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I'm convinced that this iFrogz case is good, it even beats the Incase Slider with its interior because the iPhone's back is less likely to be scratched because of that nice soft material. I'll try again, but honestly I wish I had a dummy iPhone to "practice" taking the case off and on. It's those 2 little things on the bottom piece, the one that actually slides into the case, that got all 4 of us at the store (even though the guy had it for his phone). We pushed those 2 to try and get them under the top part, at least that's what I think they were trying to do, but to no avail. I'll try again, hopefully it doesn't scratch!

8. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, it was the colored ones that everyone is using. I'm still debating which color to use if I go back. Either the Blue or Orange one.

I think I'm DEFINITELY going with the iFrogz now, they keep getting consistently good reviews and I think I can find them for cheaper than $30 each. I mean seriously I know this case has to eventually give, I'm buying 2 of these guys and I will get these on and hopefully keep the case for a year until iPhone 4G!

9. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

10. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I have the IFROGZ LUXE case. It's hard at first to put on, but once it's on it fits really nice and looks really good. When I first put it on, one of the connectors would continously go over the cover instead of going under and connecting. Eventually I just kind of pulled away the top half so that the connector can slip under and lock, which it did. Now knowing this, it shouldnt take long incase the connectors do not slide in immediately. As for the color fading or chipping, I don't see that at all. I also dropped my phone and didn't do any type of damage either. I get tons of compliments and the blue color just pops. Really nice color and here are some pics.

Attached Files:

11. nezff macrumors regular

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

get a otterbox, it is by far the best case for protection. I have used and seen the ifroz luxe, switcheasy capsule rebel serpent, ifrogz silicon case. The otterbox is awesome.

I have about 4-5 people I know with iPhones and they all have the otterbox case.

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Do you have any kind of "skins" on your phone?

13. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

14. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

sorry but thats the ugliest case ever made. maybe if i was a contractor cutting wood all day, then i might have that. it might have AMAZING protection but a lot of cases have drop protection.

such a great built phone doesn't deserve to be covered in a fat suit :D

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm having a hard time believing the story about the iFrogz case. I watched three people put one on their phones recently with no issue.

The 3GS iPhone is not fatter.

16. kicko macrumors 65816

I would suggest an iskin solo, adds a little grip, not bulkie, some shock protection fits like a glove.

Look on eBay for the knock offs, they are $5 shipped! and are very close to the legit iskin.

17. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

Like I said, I also had problems too putting the case on. Nothing that a little tweaking can fix. I basically had to pull the top half edges on the sides to get it to slip under. It was only on one side. But even after all that, I wouldn't hesitate to get another, which I am because the fit is awesome and color!