Ridiculous Temperatures?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eddahlen, Mar 22, 2011.

1. eddahlen macrumors newbie

eddahlen

[​IMG]

I decided to check my temperatures while running on my bootcamp partition. I have the baseline 2011 15" MBP and this is when it was running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. All I did was play a crappy ship simulator.

Aren't these a little high? What can I do?

2. WaterW0lf macrumors newbie

I bet they are fine. My old 2007is alot hotter then that..

My 2011 is about the same.

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

This question is asked every time a new MBP is released... you're fine.

4. eddahlen thread starter macrumors newbie

eddahlen

I just feel like 161 is too high for comfort. Maybe im just being overprotective of my new baby. :eek:

5. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

I think your temps are lower than what many others have posted here, but maybe you aren't stressing yours as much.

6. WaterW0lf macrumors newbie

When I stress my mbp 2011 to the max I cant get it over 85c. With stress I mean 5 yes dev/null and playing 1080p movie and converting movies using handbreak. I find that very impressive.

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

You're well within safe operating range, these babies can go up to 100C(at least mine can, the heat management in the new one seems better) without a hitch.

8. DaffyDuck macrumors 6502

I've had mine over 90C. When using handbrake it averages 84C. I know it's probably fine but I'm not happy with it because I know it could be much lower.

9. snaky69 macrumors 603

Explain to me how it could be lower.

Cram all kinds of electronic stuff producing heat in a completely(except for the fans) enclosed metal box where barely any air is present. Make said electronic stuff actually do work. Watch the temperature rise.

It's as simple as that. I don't get why people complain about the temperatures they are reaching, unless they are using the computer while naked with the computer on their laps.

It's meant to work that way, the fans are there only to keep the computer cool enough to keep running, if they were any more aggressive, people would stop complaining about the heat but then would complain about fan noise.

You're a bunch of whiners, computers get hot, get over it and just use them.

10. GGJstudios, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  11. grayh0und macrumors newbie

The temps look fine. However, it doesn't show the temperature of the GPU :confused:

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it does.

13. grayh0und macrumors newbie

0 degrees Centigrade? Seems like an error to me. Because in bootcamp, its always supposed to be the dedicated GPU anyway.
    Whoops, didn't look in the motherboard section. Too used to my windows box, where it shows it below in the application.

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

This is why I refuse too look at temps in Fahrenheit. Makes me too paranoid.