Ridiculously slow internet!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pilotkid, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Ok, when I upgraded to Leopard i forgot my network password(BIG mistake) and had to hold down the reset button on my airport extreme to reset it all. Since then I have had nothing but problems with the internet. I ended up having to call apple and get them to help me set it all back up again. Its all up and running now and its been running for about a week but the internet is sooooooooo slow. I remember from previous problems that some of my IP or DNS addresses or whatever were wrong(I'm not even sure if those are the right names) but when I got the right ones put in my internet was fast as ever. So what I'm asking is if anyone can help me out? I have Cox High-speed Internet in Phoenix, Az(not sure if you need that but oh well). Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Have a goodnight everyone!

2. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

I had a similar situation i went into the airport utlity and restored the defaults and made sure there wasnt any conflicts. Are you connecting wirelessly or are you hardwired into the router? Funny thing is i live in Phx az too, i wonder if Its cox?

3. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm connected wirelessly. I have a motorola surfboard cable modem and the apple airport extreme router.

4. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anybody know how to delete threads? I looked up my previous threads and fixed my problem. My DNS servers were all messed up.
    Thank you,
    Have a goodnight

5. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

Usually they dont delete threads becuase someone else might have this problem and having this thread here for reference is good with the search function.
    Zack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.