Ridiculously slow page loading - especially Macrumors

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nealeholl, Apr 5, 2011.

1. nealeholl macrumors member

99% of the time that I visit Macrumors (and a small number of other sites) the page starts to load - perhaps the first post (or a quarter of the screen), then just hangs with the address bar thing spinning away. Sometimes I can clear it by refreshing the screen a dozen times, but as often as not it will stick with sometimes less, sometimes more of the screen loaded. I'm on a decent iMac, fast broadband, the latest and full patched Safari. I've reset safari, clearing the caches etc, I've even tried Firefox and Chrome - nothing seems to help. I even had a techie round who adjusted the MPU ratings on my router, which helped (or seemed to) for a bit.

I'm baffled that Macrumors seems to be the biggest culprit by far. Any ideas?? Perhaps everyone suffers the same but is too polite to ask?

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Sorry, I have no issues loading MR - not to rub it in :p but it at least shows that it's your system...

Have you tried a broadband speed test to ensure your iMac is actually using your full speed?