Ridicuously Slow Wifi iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tallguy, Jun 3, 2010.

1. tallguy macrumors regular

Ok so the wifi on my iPhone 3G has been super slow for the past couple of weeks. It was working fine and I was getting download speeds of about 7-8 Mbps but now it's down to as low as 0.06 Mbps. I can't remember making any changed that would have caused this and I've read all the other threads about this issue but there wasn't any real solutions. I'm running 3.1.2. Any suggestions on how to get my speed back?

Attached Files:

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

As you are connected WiFi, what speeds are you getting when you run a speedtest on you computer?

3. tallguy thread starter macrumors regular

When I connect with wifi on my iMac I get around 12-14 Mbps. Also my brother's first generation iPhone still gets about 7 Mbps on the same network. That's the speed that I used to get. I tried setting the router to 802.11b because I read that might make a difference but the only thing that accomplished was having to reconnect all devices and annoy the household.

Attached Files:

4. tallguy thread starter macrumors regular

5. paulgarb macrumors regular

Same here!

Home network fine and dandy - wired and wireless showing 6mb (typical & good for my rural location). (Running PC & Laptop both Win7)

I have also noticed that wifi performance has ground to a halt - I ran the same speed test as above and got a zero reading for download. The slow speeds are not limited to my home broadband - I get the same at work and in Starbucks.

I must emphasise that the only thing that has changed is the iphone wifi performance - no network tweaks, no new software or hardware - just a sudden change to wifi speeds.

I'm UK based if that helps

Anyone with any insight to this at all?

Should have menioned - iPhone 3GS