Right, a straight answer please.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TobyLeighton, Mar 29, 2008.

1. TobyLeighton macrumors newbie

I have been hunting through forums for answers to this but cannot find any, now i am not sure if this is because nobody is sure of the specifics but here goes anyway:
    Does anyone know a date or rough estimate for Microsoft Msn 7 for Mac, i have been using adium simply because it has a simple interface, but it has such a lack of features.
    I have tried aMSN but i just hate how it looks and the webcam doesn't always work, its rather temperamental although i have followed all the guides on how to do it precisely.

Now i was just wondering is there any latest news on the Microsoft Msn?
    Any news at all would be much appreciated.
    Kind regards.
    Toby.

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

From Wikipedia:

3. TobyLeighton thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah right, thankyou very much, i should have looked on Wikipedia but the thought never crossed my mind, thankyou very much for the quick reply.
    Toby.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You totally need to use iChat or Adium/aMSN for those. It's blatantly evident that Microsoft couldn't care less about the Messenger: Mac division anymore. This could very well be the last release.

5. TobyLeighton thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah but out of the people i talk to via Instant messaging, two of them have a mac, so they are the only ones that i can do Voicechat/video chat or screensharing if needed using iChat. I have looked all over for alternatives but i think the closest is aMSN, but it just doesn't work properly, bit of a disappointment.

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

7. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

aMSN is getting a whole new look with the next major update and is being ported to cocoa. They know that it doesn't look great but it does work properly, just follow the instructions exactly.