Right angle dock connector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by drewgold, Dec 2, 2009.

1. drewgold macrumors newbie

Although this seems incredibly simple, I've had no luck tracking down an iPhone cable that has the cord coming out at a right angle to the phone.
    something like this: [​IMG]
    but ideally it would just be a right angle adapter that the dock cable could plug into or a right angle cable with a female plug on the other end so my vehicles iPhone cable can attach to it.

The thought occurred to me while using a vent mounted iPhone and GPS in landscape mode in my car, my car's rather stiff iPhone/pod integration cable sticks out awkwardly to the side and runs across the dash before bending down and under the console. A right angle adapter would clean things up a lot!
    Is there anything like this out there?
    Thanks.

2. cachehog macrumors newbie

I'm looking for something similar. I make iPhone docking stations and I need a right angle connector so that the connector sticks up from the station, then bends toward the back.

3. jg167 macrumors newbie

I would love to have exactly the same thing (a right angle with the cable going backwards) to put into a ProGrip vent mount, for exactly the same reason the first poster mentions, the cable is clumsy.

4. fj1852 macrumors newbie

Hey I'm also looking for a right angle adapter for my iPad. Did you guys ever find a solution?