Right Click and Drag not working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ktobz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. ktobz macrumors newbie

Feb 5, 2012
    Probably, about a month ago my bottom right corner right click stopped working, at the same time my ability to click on, well anything and be able to drag it stopped working as well. I have been looking all over since then to find a solution to this idiotic problem, but to no avail.

There are temporary fixes to this, which I find annoying considering I have been using my computer for years and years a certain way. I am able to do a 2 finger right click, and if I turn on the 'dragging' then I can drag that way.

However, I am unable to highlight anything, I am unable to drag bookmarks into my browser, I can't drag pictures, I can't move my windows, I can't make them bigger, the list goes on and on.

Nothing really all that special happened prior to these things just not working.

If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate them. This is beyond frustrating

I am running a 10.5.8 MacBook that I bought in 2009.

I have restarted it numerous times, all of my software is up to date and I tried the whole disc utility thing, also i have the folder /private/tmp.

More suggestions???
  2. vincent.m macrumors member

Feb 3, 2012
    Head to genius bar mate and have them replace your trackpad.
  3. davidhunternyc macrumors member

Dec 26, 2011
    Once in a while my right click stops working also. I then go into system preferences>hardware>trackpad. There is an option to turn-on the right click portion your trackpad there. Somehow, it turns itself off from time to time. I hope this helps.