Right click highlights selection?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Broph, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I'm not sure if this is the 'norm' for mac, and it doesn't do much harm, but it just makes me feel like 'it's not working properly'....

Whenever I right click on anything, (more often than not, it's a link), it highlights the whole link... For example, I see a web link, right click it to open it in a new tab, and it highlights the link (and remains highlighted).... It's mildly annoying (or maybe I'm just being OCD) when you're reading a Wikipedia article or something and you're constantly opening links in new tabs and you have a random highlighted word.

Is this the same for everyone?

2. Broph thread starter macrumors 6502

Broph

3. gmorel1916 macrumors newbie

Um. This isn't the norm. My computer didn't do this until today and 3 other people that have MBPs have verified that their's don't do this. How do I make it stop? Sorry if I managed to miss a newer thread about this issue.

4. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

nobody ever got an answer here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1090622

i notice if I right click text, it highlights the word, but frankly I don't remember if it's always done this or not.

It happens on my Snow Leopard hackintosh install FWIW.