Right Click Images

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Andymac, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Andymac macrumors newbie

Ive just bought a Mac, to use instead of a PC, but i cant see how to right click on a image to download it to my mac, like a can with a PC

We do this with supplier websites and reuse the images, but im struggling with my Mac

thanks

Andy

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

In Safari? Just right-click and choose Save Image to the Desktop. Alternatively, if you want to put it in a different folder, just drag and drop (it may help to add the folder to the dock if you plan to do this a lot).

3. Andymac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, drag and drop seems to work, but when i right click, it shows me all the open windows, can this be turned off?

Andy

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It sounds like you have right-click assigned to Exposè. You should be able to re-assign that in System Preferences...

5. Andymac thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive been in system erameters, but can only find the following for the right click
    Expose all windows
    Expose app windows
    Expose desktop
    Dashboard
    App switcher
    Spotlight
    other
    off

Am i missing something?

Andy

6. richardson.hila macrumors member

Make sure you're on the Finder menu and click system preferences, then go into keyboard and mouse, and click on the mouse button. for the right button allocate it to secondary button, and this should do the trick. then you will be able to right click on images with your mouse in safari, and select download linked file as. etc etc. Good luck!

oh by the way, you didn't specify if you're using an external mouse or the trackpad on your laptop, if you're using your laptop then holding down the CTRL button while you click will bring up the right click menu options also. this will also work on an external mouse.