Right Click in Win7?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by taskmaxter, Jan 18, 2009.

1. taskmaxter macrumors newbie

Ok, dumb question. How do you rigth click in Win7? I haven't been able to get it to work using my Macbook. Thanks

2. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

I would like to know as well. As i installed x64 on my alu book and can't right click. I need a fix as well.

YOur suppost to be able to hold control + click to right click but it doesn't work for me.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I don't know about 64 but I am using the 32bit version and the normal two finger-click still works. Hold two fingers on the trackpad and click the button.

4. taskmaxter thread starter macrumors newbie

when I try that it acts as if it is a single click - maybe a setting I need to change? (I'm also using 32bit)

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Go to the Start Menu-Control Panel and choose "Bootcamp". Click the Trackpad tab and make sure the "Two Fingers" Secondary Click option is checked, that should fix it.

6. taskmaxter thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I've tried it both ways and it doesn't work. Maybe it's just user error. :(

7. AndrewLyle macrumors member

This problem has existed for me even using XP in bootcamp. Now i have Win7 installed and its the same thing. Use 3 fingers. For some reason thats the answer. It probably will be fixed via software update in the future. I have also notices that it won't respond to a 3 finger tap, a physical click is required..

Hope that helps

8. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

I've noticed that on most Apple laptops I have to either spread out my fingers a little bit or use three fingers for it to correctly register a secondary click.

9. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Wow, that's weird. I have a MBA and I have no issues with 2 finger click on the trackpad in Windows Vista or Windows 7. I never had to use 3 fingers. The two finger tap works as well.

10. nintendude macrumors 6502

I'm using a MBA and two fingers w/ the click works for right click. Maybe its a problem with the drivers for glass trackpads? (assuming the OP is using the unibody Macbook)

11. AndrewLyle macrumors member

i did forget to mention im on a 2.53 MBP with the glass trackpad, so you're right it could be the new trackpad creating a problem

12. taskmaxter thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have a late model Alum body Macbook. Yep, three finger did the trick. Thanks you guys.

13. Timur macrumors 6502a

Timur